Grear Dorset Steam Fair 2-6 Sept

fv1609

Should have laid, or have laid?

"The construction of a new permanent internal road system is a three-year project (subject to planning permission) involving the laying of over 5000 metres of new hard roads. Planning permission has already been granted for a sizeable amount of the new road system and over 3,000 metres will be installed and ready for the 2015 show."

Well I'll find out on Tuesday. :D

Hi Clive

We will be there from Monday with the hippo and qlr ! Hope the weather holds out but who cares as we always have a great time no matter what the weather, who's scared of a bit of mud. :D The news did a great job last year of finding the worst spots on the site and scaring people off!

A fantastic event for all ages! Woohoo!

Yes always something for everyone & a bit of mud shouldn't put us off after all most of our vehicles can drive with more than one axle. I shall be bringing the dog cage I bought last year. Not to capture any dogs that pea on my tyres but unfolded it makes a good standing area behind the Pig so I don't sink into the mud so much.

Yes always something for everyone & a bit of mud shouldn't put us off after all most of our vehicles can drive with more than one axle. I shall be bringing the dog cage I bought last year. Not to capture any dogs that pea on my tyres but unfolded it makes a good standing area behind the Pig so I don't sink into the mud so much.

Hi Clive,

According to the Weather Channel forecast on my phone for Blandford, it is showing rain for tomorrow but rest of week through to Sunday is showing fine weather, so hope it is for you. I am not going there this year but will be at Beaulieu at the weekend.

Got here at 1000 everyewhere drying out well.

Sun beating down having lardy cake and lager in the back of the Pig.

For those who take a special interest in these matters I can report a major upgrade in the urinals. They all seem to be brand new long wooden sheds with lighting and wood chips on the floor. It used to be quite hazardous visiting these facilities in total darkness.

O2 3g non existent but going through EE 3g is fine.

Dear All,

We are leaving this morning with the Contractor and 'little' trailer transporting the Centurion ARV. Unfortunately, despite working my socks off we could not get the 'Big Trailer' loaded with the Conqueror ARV absolutely ready and safe.

If anyone wants to touch base my mobile is 07528 263926.

John