Nazi gold train found in Poland?

They have to hang it out until next year, so it can be filmed for a new series of Combat Dealers ;)

LOL, no WAY can I even imagine Bruce out there in his custom tailored suits with so much as a teaspoon full of dirt.

The Poles are worried about funding, I bet the history channel or National Geographic would be glad to kick some in for exclusive broadcast rights.

I know some here think they're just milking it but that would require way too much determination and planning. I think what were seeing is just classic government ineptitude.

I wouldn't be quite so harsh - they have had a stalled economy locally for a couple of decades and then - WHAM, all of a sudden they have to deal with something they have little experience with, and have both the government and international press breathing down their necks. And as you can see, it is not a site just in the middle of nowhere :-D

trevor

I would be less cynical if it were not for the Burma Spitfire fiasco , IIRC even people claiming to have seen crates burried taken to site(s) at cost / overhead of gamer promotion.

BUT , open your mouth too much / start typing and you could end up with a plate of eggs on face , still interesting to follow events , the local authorities court now - dig or delay . World press pressure is diminished as the days pass.

I wouldn't be quite so harsh - they have had a stalled economy locally for a couple of decades and then - WHAM, all of a sudden they have to deal with something they have little experience with, and have both the government and international press breathing down their necks. And as you can see, it is not a site just in the middle of nowhere :-Dtrevor
yeah I read it was a coal mining area who's economy collapsed after the mines closed. If it's anything like the coal mining areas here, then it's a poor, backwater area both economically, culturally, and educationally. I hope there's something there which will put the town on a tourist map of Europe in a big way, but I'm cynical in their ability to pull this off without destroying or damaging the find. Hopefully they're smart enough to get professional help from the international community and some good donors. IMO the steps should be

1)do some small excavations down to verify the trains existence

2) Build a hard shelter over the area to protect the train from rain, snow and wind while the dirt is removed, using Archaeological practices ot prevent damage

3) build a permanent facility around the train to accommodate tourism, maybe even link it to the castle tunnels so visitors get the full "tunnel experience" .

To do this properly will take millions, which is why I doubt it will happen in a way that is not destructive. Good chance they will just start tearing into it with heavy machinery :-(

I would be less cynical if it were not for the Burma Spitfire fiasco , IIRC even people claiming to have seen crates burried taken to site(s) at cost / overhead of gamer promotion.

BUT , open your mouth too much / start typing and you could end up with a plate of eggs on face , still interesting to follow events , the local authorities court now - dig or delay . World press pressure is diminished as the days pass.

wasn't that all based on the testimony of some 80 year old veteran who swore he saw crates buried in Burma? And even though he never saw the contents, was "sure there were Spitfires inside"? I seem to recall they even found and dug-up some crates, but they were full of old tools and trash?

Eyewitness testimony and human memory are actually pretty unreliable, so IMHO that's a more "wishful thinking, snipe-hunt" scenario than ground radar images showing a buried train on a siding where the Nazi's were known to be.

Edited by draganm

BORING
my wife says i'm super critical and impossible to please, but from now on I'm just going to reference your posts. :-D C'mon man, they're DRILLING, we'll have a camera down there in days, or a huge explosion, whichever comes first

So , a major concern about wether there is unstable explosive packed everywhere. Then go plunging a sodd*ng great vibrating drill into. Gold Dust fallout lads! Umbrellasssssss, REVERSE!:-D
LOL, the train might be mined, so we'll have the "splosives experts" scratch the dirt on top, then drill down 80 feet and see if anything goes boom! :shocked:

A team hired by local authorities is drilling near Walim, southwestern Poland, on Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015 to verify an explorer’s claim that a system of secret Nazi tunnels and shelters is hidden underground. Water emerged from each of the drilled holes. The findings are to be made public on Oct. 15, 2015. The explorer, Krzysztof Szpakowski, claims the tunnels could be hiding “anything” from technical appliances to armaments, but not a gold train, that, local lore says, the Nazis hid in 1945
this looks like a different site?

I don't know the Polish geography , however Goooooogle on - explorer, Krzysztof Szpakowski. He has been involved a bit closer than the fringes with the recently reported Nazi Gold Train (rewind back a few posts)

eg

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/11/polish-explorer-nazi-underground-tunnels

It does seem the authorities are drilling at the location stated by the two main claimants (I think) , the The Polish city of Walbrzych has been in the global spotlight for weeks after two men – Piotr Koper from Poland and German Andreas Richter .

It seems the area of Walbrzych is totally undermined by Nazi WW2 tunnels etc. , if they keep tool-pushing every 10 square meteres - sooner or later they will lower a camera and re-discover something of interest . Actually at quite low cost they can spin this several more months until the start of the next summer tourist season. Litte $$££ investment for a industry where there previously never was such a industry to fill the hotels etc. it seems. Don't book in advance LoL

• 2 weeks later...
Both German and Italian soldiers witnessed that the gold was real. The Italian army in the 1960s funded a 72-million-lira excavation in a desperate attempt to find the treasure, employing hi-tech metal detectors and even water seekers. Local miners, now dead, said they had taken part in burying the treasure and many partisans fighting the Nazis saw the gold lorries enter the mountain and never exit. In 1989 a baron even went on a search, authorized by the government.
i think we can safely write this one off

All Quiet on the polish front though? You'd think they could have drilled a hole and dropped a camera by now, unless the siding is completely collapsed and buried.

Date is Friday 23rd of October late afternoon

De Telegraaf got on 5 September this year captured images earlier this afternoon skewed. By whom and taken at any location in Poland the photos is unclear. Perhaps the images of illegal treasure hunters. There's no telling whether the train on the photos the infamous "gold train" which is in the Polish town of Walbrzych (the former German Waldenburg) would be blocked and which since last summer is much to do.

According to experts, the train on the pictures actually called a "Panzerzug 'from the Third Reich. On top of the colossus rows of stacked wooden boxes. Some are pushed out of the train and smashed. On the ground, scattered dozens of silver bars. One of the pictures shows a close-up of a bar. Reportedly announced later today in Germany more about the mysterious pictures.

translate with google translate

it could well be a clever computer programmer who made a computer image of it. Taken that it is at once so silent which could mean it is true. My own text

Edited by monty2

I would have expected to see a lot of Water in that Tunnel also. Water seepage over these many years would have crept into that tunnel I'm certain!......

As mentioned, the amount of dust & minor debris that SHOULD have settled over the years. Would indeed, have covered

the Boxes & Zeltbahn's as well. obscuring the clarity of colours in these photo's.

Perhaps it is a secret tunnel. But on the island of Sodor. & this is a cousin train of Thomas the Tank Engine?..........:-D

AND ,, by now some forum member who is a camouflage expert should have a firm ID on that DP of the tarpoulins , seems a bit digital for WW2 - but what do I know ??

Thats what stood out for me, the Germans didn't use came printed tarps. They had Zeltbahns but they are poncho sized. This came looks more like the WW2 USMC Frogskin camo