Nazi gold train found in Poland?

:laugh: Altogether Now!.....'Oh, The Runaway train came over the hill & she blew'!..........:D

I see the Mirror is has stated that the 'Load' has transformed from just Gold. To Jewels & Priceless Artworks. Well, Until the Tunnel

Is Finally Excavated. We will never really know for sure, what is alleged to be 'on Board'?

So I guess it's Full Steam Ahead. For the 'Hurry-Up-&-Wait-Express'!...........;)

Edited by ferretfixer

I see the Mirror is has stated that the 'Load' has transformed from just Gold. To Jewels & Priceless Artworks.
well to this lot, priceless artworks would be a load of shot up panzer iV's and hummels with the original unit insignia and battlefield damage still intact.

I mean what would you rather see, the Amber Room or the worlds 3rd known Ferdinand Tank destroyer, it's a no-brainer. ; )

well to this lot, priceless artworks would be a load of shot up panzer iV's and hummels with the original unit insignia and battlefield damage still intact.

I mean what would you rather see, the Amber Room or the worlds 3rd known Ferdinand Tank destroyer, it's a no-brainer. ; )

No No! Give Me a Panther Tank ANYTIME! LOL ;)

Rumours a few years ago of a Ferdinand box found in the Ukraine, but no photos to substantiate.

A train of Tigers would be good!

• 3 weeks later...

Digging to start 3rd week of April, which by my count is tomorrow. The weather in Czech Republic supposed to mid 50's/low 60's by Friday, so as long as the shovels are sharp , then the big pay-off any day now.

:n00b:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Of course anybody with a C&G in magnetic particle crack detection can see the GPR results are the bullion trains, the Nazi nuclear bombs will be directly underneath them ..

Probably deliverd there from the Nazi Artic Flying saucer base.

The 'expert' is 'quite certain' that the amber room is there. What happened to the crated spit fires in Borneo, they were 'quite certain' they were there. what ever happened to just shutting your mouth until you find something. A bit like the random guy that tells me, every time I take out an FV onto the road, that he is going to build one. Just shut your mouth and do it. Too much talking in this world.

The 'expert' is 'quite certain' that the amber room is there. What happened to the crated spit fires in Borneo, they were 'quite certain' they were there. what ever happened to just shutting your mouth until you find something. A bit like the random guy that tells me, every time I take out an FV onto the road, that he is going to build one. Just shut your mouth and do it. Too much talking in this world.

I suspect that these guys don't have the money to fund a large dig, or permission fromthe government. They have to try and whip up excitement from the public and pressure local authorities to either drop the coin or even simply allow it to happen.

At least how it looks IMO

What happened to the crated spit fires in Borneo, they were 'quite certain' they were there.

They are there!! The unqualified farmer said so, it's just the nasty Myanmar officials won't let him dig up their only international airport's only runway- so it's all their fault he has only found an empty box that may or may not be wartime.

They are there!! The unqualified farmer said so, it's just the nasty Myanmar officials won't let him dig up their only international airport's only runway- so it's all their fault he has only found an empty box that may or may not be wartime.

Am I alone in a secret desire to partly bury a box for a model spitfire in the sand, photograph it and announce it as proof? :-D

trevor

the problem with the Burma Spitfires is that story never made any sense to begin with. Brand new, as well as used, aircraft after the war were sold to various countries who then used them to have more little wars. There's very few cases where equipment was dumped or buried, and even then it wasn't something as valuable as aircraft ( except for the Saigon evacuation and that was to make room for refugee's).

the problem with the Burma Spitfires is that story never made any sense to begin with. Brand new, as well as used, aircraft after the war were sold to various countries who then used them to have more little wars. There's very few cases where equipment was dumped or buried, and even then it wasn't something as valuable as aircraft ( except for the Saigon evacuation and that was to make room for refugee's).

Except for all those dumped off the side of Aircraft carriers at the end of the war?

There's only so many planes a country needs. Look at the massive dumps of US stuff across the Pacific, let alone what remained of the Japanese airforce.

Except for all those dumped off the side of Aircraft carriers at the end of the war?

My father was serving on HMS Perseus in 1950 when the ship was involved in steam catapult trials. During the course of these a number of unmanned Seafires were fired off the ship. Apparently the first off had full wings and flew rather too well, circling round and approaching the ship in a menacing way. Subsequent launches involved aircraft with the wings truncated to reduce the chance of this.

My dad's memory of how many aircraft were ditched in this was is flakey, but it was quite a few.