1944 Willys Jeep

MatchFuzee

Another so called "authentic restored Jeep".at a prestige auction, oh dear where does one start with the list of obvious incorrect parts, think this Jeep was previously on Ebay for ages, it has a lot of CJ parts, wheels, oversize tyres, CJ bonnet, looks like its got a CJ T90 gearbox, M38 rear lights, wrong windscreen and made up inner screen frame, CJ steering wheel, made up A frame, M38 seats? theyre sure not MB seats, wonder what the engine is?.....what a load of rubbish the auctioneers description is, no doubt someone will pay through the nose for it

Edited by Nick Johns

Another so called "authentic restored Jeep".at a prestige auction, oh dear where does one start with the list of obvious incorrect parts, think this Jeep was on Ebay for ages, it has CJ wheels, oversize tyres, CJ bonnet, looks like its got a CJ T90 gearbox, M38 rear lights, wrong windscreen and made up inner screen frame, CJ steering wheel, made up A frame, M38 seats? theyre sure not MB seats, wonder what the engine is?.....what a load of rubbish the auctioneers description is, no doubt someone will pay through the nose for it
what about the aerial and BRACKET ? its olive drab, SURELY that's correct ? LOL

What about the Trade Description Act, this is obviously a massive misrepresentation or doesn't the Act apply to auctioneers?

This thread is on the same topic, with a very useful piece of advice:-

The thing to do is ask the auctioneer for a "Condition report"

They are legally obliged to be accurate and fair!

http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=997569&cmd=show

"has been withdrawn" No wonder, apart from all the aforementioned wrong things on this Jeep is the fact that he also sports the all important "TP35" / "TP25" markings above each wheel...

WHO the heck started this practice? Ten years ago not a single Jeep, or any other MV for that matter, bore these tire pressure markings. Suddenly almost every single Jeep out there has to have TP35 above the wheels. After searching my quite substantial, it runs in the 1000's, WW2 photo archive, I still have to come up with any photos showing US Jeeps with the TP35/TP25 on them. I have had three (3) grainy images sent to me where markings can be seen, two of them saying "tire pressure 35" and one "TP35". I have a number of British Jeeps with the markings, but then mostly just "22" or "28" and no "TP".

At least this Jeep had not "been in the D-Day invasion in the morning of June 6"

Goran N