Assistance Please!

ferretfixer

Hello Erstwhile members!

I hope someone on here may be able to Help Me with a small request?

I would like to see a picture/ photo of the top (or side on also showing top detail) of a 432 APC if at all possible Please?

I know it sounds daft, when some of you know I worked on these vehicles many moons ago! But I never took any pics at the time when I was in Service! :-X

The reason for this request is simple. I purchased a very nice Large Wood & Metal Model of a 432 at W&P. It has full interior detail, but the top deck/ roof is completely missing!

A good picture would show Me the detail I need to make the missing top deck.

Thanks in advance, for what might seem like a daft request!..:red:

Cheers, Mike.

That's great Chaps! MANY Thanks.

I had forgotten how MUCH detail there is on fittings etc. On the top of the Hull's on 432's! :undecided:

That REALLY is going to keep Me busy for a while! :cheesy:

Mind you, I have found that. The bigger the scale, it is actually MUCH easier to make detailed parts for!

it's only when the bit's required are tiny. That you find you have five thumbs on each hand!..........:-X

Ill post some pics up on here. When I remove the model from my Comm's Trailer. That I still haven't unloaded from W&P yet! :nut:

Which engine variant is your model petrol or diesel?

That will dictate a wealth of the detail on the roof as the changes have happened over the years and it would be a shame to have a petrol model with all the added Bowman comms and cam net pole mounts which would not be period.

R

Hello Erstwhile members!

I hope someone on here may be able to Help Me with a small request?

I would like to see a picture/ photo of the top (or side on also showing top detail) of a 432 APC if at all possible Please?

I know it sounds daft, when some of you know I worked on these vehicles many moons ago! But I never took any pics at the time when I was in Service! :-X

The reason for this request is simple. I purchased a very nice Large Wood & Metal Model of a 432 at W&P. It has full interior detail, but the top deck/ roof is completely missing!

A good picture would show Me the detail I need to make the missing top deck.

Thanks in advance, for what might seem like a daft request!..:red:

Cheers, Mike.

This may help a bit? but only a bit...

http://aofv432.blogspot.co.uk/2013_02_01_archive.html

Accurate Armour may be able to help with scale plans

http://www.accurate-armour.com/products.cfm?navlevel=1

Do you know Robin. That is such an OBVIOUS answer, that I naturally did not think about it! :red:

It is a MK.I PETROL, which IIRC had the exhaust pipe running along the roof. It does have the 'Kidney Plate' on the LHS.

For access to the engine, which the MK.2 Does not.

MK.2 Exhaust box & pipe location obviously totally different shapes & positions! :undecided:

The basic shape of the top of the hull, engine Louvres, Cupola, Drivers hatch, Mortar Hatches etc are the same.

I THINK that MK.I's were fitted later in Service with Clansman Antenna Bases?

We never had the cam pole tube mounts fitted in my day. A very good Modification I would state.

ALL armoured vehicles are a right pain to cam up at night! The Bloody cam nets WILL Definitely snag on the slightest projection! :mad: It would be much easier to get under the net with your poles & net baskets. & push up against the net, & slip the poles into those socket mounts! :cheesy:

Thanks again to all who have generously contributed to my request.

Now, if anyone has a photo of the Top of a MK.I.....................:-X

:D Mike.

Thank You VERY Much indeed! That does clarify a lot of things on the MK.I

I will attempt to dig the Model out of the back of my Comm's Trailer today, for some pics! :-X

Nice looking Rapier Trailer in the background as well! :D Much nice aesthetically looking than Mine! :red:

Cheers! Mike.

Ok, Dug the Model out & took some pics.

It is approx. 2'.6"" long, made from plywood & sheet metal.

Each track link is movable & cast from alliminium with a steel track pin.

I am not entirely sure, but I THINK the hull top MAY have been originally made in Perspex?

As some of the interior panels are also in the material.

Also, the interior detailing of sliding mapboards & folding seats etc.

Would not be seen, if it were a dense/ wood top.

I am going to make the parts in wood & metal to match the exterior. Ensuring that the Top Hull is removable

to view the interior detail.

It is very dusty inside & need a good clean with a soft bristle brush!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pic's? :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]106566[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106567[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106568[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106569[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106571[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]106574[/ATTACH]

Looks like a lot of the hard work has been done, can't imagine it was fun making and assembling the tracks etc. They have also done quite an accurate representation of the interior, even down to the struts that support the map board desks. I have a mk2 with some map boards and desks, so can help with that, plus some general ones of the interior and exterior of a mk1. The manuals are also on line that cover the mk1 and a the kit for the command version.

Dougy