38KL20, Truck Uty Med, GS Soft top Landrover 110 Defender, Recce Role.

gunscrossed

Thought I'd post a few pics of my 110.

It's one of a small batch of Reconnaissance spec. Land Rovers sold off by the MOD.

According to the Merlin report (obtained through FOI.)

Gross Rep Cost: £28296.32!

Units: 2 YORKS, 1 RRF, 4 SCOTS and RMLY.

Recce Role Land Rovers can be seen in this RMLY recruitment video,

Some pictures, pretty much how it was released,

411534677.jpg

411534678.jpg

411534679.jpg

411534680.jpg

411534681.jpg

411534682.jpg

411534683.jpg

411534684.jpg

411534685.jpg

411534686.jpg

The only thing I've added is the extended 'bikini' hood from All Wheel Trim.

Edited by gunscrossed

Peter

The marks on the dexion make much more sense after looking at the radio fit at 2:29 in the video - I may be able to help with some of the parts if you want to refit them - yours may be slightly different with the double bench seat rather than single seat to the left in the video

Iain

Peter

The marks on the dexion make much more sense after looking at the radio fit at 2:29 in the video - I may be able to help with some of the parts if you want to refit them - yours may be slightly different with the double bench seat rather than single seat to the left in the video

Iain

Thanks Iain, I did consider fitting the radio kit but I've decided to sell it now (actually took a deposit today), there's one with Withams with the single seat, http://www.mod-sales.com/direct/vehicle/,25,/73345/Land_Rover.htm , although I believe both configurations to be correct as I've seen others with the twin seats and harnesses.

Edited by gunscrossed

Thanks for the link ! I note that it is listed as a 12V GS vehicle - I guess that the single-rear-seat variant had a pair of signals batteries in the box under the side table for the 24V RT353 radio - I wonder if it could be charged by the vehicle - if so it must have had a voltage converter I guess ? I have put a wooden ammo box with couple of 40AH batteries in the back of 35LK88 as reserve power for the radios but that has to be charged at home.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...