Mobile Speaker Array.

Something different!

Bit of background, Colin (on here somewhere) and myself run the local village day which over the last few years has grown to 5-6000 visitors and hence we needed a proper tannoy system for the arena rather than the audio PA system we were currently using. So a quick bid online and a trip up to Withams we now had one of these;

IMG_2865.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

We plugged it into a 110v power supply and it powered up to our amazement! The computer booted up and showed 2 mins 48 seconds on the clock and all seemed to be looking good until you delve deeper. Simply you need a base station to connect wirelessly with the unit to be able to get any sound out of it. I got in contact with the company in the USA that makes them and they were very helpful but the end result is the whole system and audio drivers run on square wave so not a lot of use really. ( made in March 2010 and sold to the MOD at $80,336.78 :shocked: ). We needed the thing working in 7 days so the only option was to rip all the gubbins and drivers out and install a 100v line system with cordless mics. And it worked :laugh:

New system.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

Kim opening the show.jpg

It was crystal clear and turned up about 1/5 of the volume easily covered the 40 acre field and further. If anyone else got one of these and wants to know more in detail about the new amps and drivers please pm me. The extra new system came in at around £800 which I thought wasn't bad and took 14 hours straight to wire up and install. Next job is to reinstall the power supply board so the whole system can run off of the solar panels. :-)

C.