Stow, Massachusetts is blocking the Collings museum...

solipsistnation

I could get my dad's brother and sister to do the Afro-Carribean bit, he can't as he's white.........

I can't do any of them! Though bizarrely I did once try knitting - it is flippin hard!

Anyway good luck to the Collings Foundation, though I date a petition signed by someone from Yorkshire would make much impact on the town council - lets hope common sense prevails....

I've got one of three covered, but I'm crap at knitting.

I can't do any of them! Though bizarrely I did once try knitting - it is flippin hard!

Anyway good luck to the Collings Foundation, though I date a petition signed by someone from Yorkshire would make much impact on the town council - lets hope common sense prevails....

My mum can knit, although she's not the best with sizing an object. These were for my newly born niece:

CBAE517F-9D05-407E-8C5B-794470AC03D6.jpg

More to this than meets the eye (As usual).

Seems the proposed museum is in an area zoned for residential use & the Collings' people are trying to use local by-laws to get around it.

http://stowindependent.com/planning-board-wrestles-with-collings-museum-application-july-29-2015

And the local council have tried to stop the Collings Foundation from flying from the airport using a by-law which although it does not permit the restriction of aircraft movements but they still tried to implement it as if it does.

The local council have now been told by the governmental aviation body that this is illegal and is not to be upheld.

You'd think Stow would grab the opportunity that the Foundation will bring with tourism etc as there's nothing else to go to Stow for !

There was a meeting last night but can't find any updates yet.

Edited by Desert Rat

You'd think Stow would grab the opportunity that the Foundation will bring with tourism etc as there's nothing else to go to Stow for !

There was a meeting last night but can't find any updates yet.

I have a friend who lived there-- we used to get dinner at the Stow House of Pizza. I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way to get pizza there but it was acceptable.

Please post if you see more about it...

I have a friend who lived there-- we used to get dinner at the Stow House of Pizza. I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way to get pizza there but it was acceptable.

Please post if you see more about it...

Apparently last nights meeting saw the Stow council having received a large amount of correspondence in support of the Collings Foundation but still the council refuse to budge or re-visit their original decision.

A more cynical person may think there was a financial incentive behind their stance...

The Collings Foundation are going to continue with what looks like a long battle.