1st time at the racecorse.

rambo1969

Hi guys, as many of the regulars on here know, I have not posted for years.

I was very critical of certain parts of WP when it was at the hop farm, and this year have been to the race corse for the 1st time.

Heres my take on the racecorse.

I really liked the new site.

The layout of the stalls was a bit hard to figure out, a bit hodge podge, but soon found my way around.

Quadbikes/motorbikes.

I was on site for 9 days and did not see ANY lunitics on quads/bikes, I think the layout helps stop people flying around like lunitics.

I was in the kitcheners field and there was a young lad about 10yrs old on a small motorbike wearing a crash helmet and protective clothing and closely supervised by his dad, he was only doing about 10-15mph and stopped whenever a MV approached.

The barmy army had their party on tues night, and it did go on until late, but, I slept through it and they raised alot of money.

Toilets.

Now, as many of you know, these were my biggest complaint at the hop farm.

Every single toilet I used at the racecorse was SPOTLESS!!

I was camped in kitcheners and had toilets and showers at the entrance and had use of the public camping toilets and showers. They were spotless every single time I used them, the gurkas were brilliant at keeping them clean.

It just shows that if we can have good toilets at the racecorse, we could of had them at the hop farm.

The only minor gripe was that the plastic portaloos were the 'non flap' type, not very nice.

Overall, 9 out of 10 from me.

"Quadbikes/motorbikes.

I was on site for 9 days and did not see ANY lunitics on quads/bikes, I think the layout helps stop people flying around like lunitics.

I was in the kitcheners field and there was a young lad about 10yrs old on a small motorbike wearing a crash helmet and protective clothing and closely supervised by his dad, he was only doing about 10-15mph and stopped whenever a MV approached."

We were in Kitcheners as well. The lad on the bike must have been quite clever....because when he passed by us (several times an hour) his Dad was no where to be seen.

Only doing about 10/15 mph...I was under the impression that the site speed limit was in fact 5 mph.

By the way he made NO attempt to slow down when he passed (very close) sometimes to pedestrians......of course self preservation came in when an approaching MV came HIS way :undecided:

Apart from this issue I agree totally with your other comments.

I thought the traffic plan/system was excellent, gone were the horrible queues to get through the arena and then sit for ages in the one-way system further on. Instead the two way over by the NLBA/Helicopter worked well and the marshals ushered vehicles through the arena road efficiently. If the show is at the race course for the next two years then it's good news that the traffic system has finally been sussed.

The toilets near our pitch were clean also.

I spoke to one of the cleaners (Gurkha), nice man.

The Barmy Army party was a way of from me and I slept in the car so no problem there.

The weather was bad.

I don't remember it being so cold in the day, when it rained at the hop farm, maybe because the sea was so close at Westenhanger?