V55/5 - Certificate of Conformity

ammoboot

Currently filling out V55/5 for my recently imported early script GPW. Many questions refer to the Certificate of Conformity which I do not have. Do I need a CoC to complete the form? Does anyone have one for a GPW?

Thanks. Steve

:DYes that one confused the hell out of me with registering Katy. At that time you could still go and ask a person in a local office. The answer is they don't have one. At the time the vehicle was built nobody had dreamed them up.

Currently filling out V55/5 for my recently imported early script GPW. Many questions refer to the Certificate of Conformity which I do not have. Do I need a CoC to complete the form? Does anyone have one for a GPW?

Thanks. Steve

Hi Steve,

Check this thread from the past, it may help you;

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?23893-Certificate-of-Conformity-and-registering-Jeep

One small point. Front Position Indicators laights, ie sidelights. I don't know if your vehicle has them. My MOT inspector on the frst check for registration on Katy did point out they had become standard in UK during the 1930's. Fortunatley he allowed the convoy markers to be side lights. Since the change in MOT regulations I don't know if you now need one at all, even if it is to bring the vehicle onto UK register. I've used small LEDS on the Dodges, very little shows and they do help when some numptty sees the headlights and comes hairing on assuming the headlights are the width of the vehicle.

Thanks. Steve

Just leave it blank...............there isnt one!!

I take it you have jumped through the NOVA hoop and got a dating letter from a club?

If so then happy days and remember despite what some people will tell you (if the date of manufacture is pre 1960 and it should be) then you WILL NOT need an MOT to tax it

Is this by chance the Jeep I inspected near Dorchester recently? I agree with the others. No CoC or MOT is required. However DVLA do pick vehicles at random for inspection. I'm told at about 1 in 10. Hopefully you will be lucky and not get picked on. Just fill out the required form with the dating letter from MVT and see how you get on. DVLA also seem to have a habit of losing your cheque and or asking for extra information. Ron

Just leave it blank...............there isnt one!!

I take it you have jumped through the NOVA hoop and got a dating letter from a club?

If so then happy days and remember despite what some people will tell you (if the date of manufacture is pre 1960 and it should be) then you WILL NOT need an MOT to tax it

Yes, but! What if you are putting the vehcile onto the register for the first time? Half of it is to ensure the vehicle is what it says it is.

So will that still need inspection?

Yes, but! What if you are putting the vehcile onto the register for the first time? Half of it is to ensure the vehicle is what it says it is.

So will that still need inspection?

There is no need to MOT (a form v112 will need to be completed when the vehicle is taxed)

The vehicle has been inspected by an approved club, job done!!