Shuttleworth Collection Military pageant 5/7/15 WW1 vehicles+Blenhiem+Vulcan

Hi just thought I'd put a thread on here about the upcoming Military pageant at the Shuttleworth collection in Bedfordshire, http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/militaryww1/ The show this year has a WW1 element again with our Bristol F2B Fighter carrying out a poppy drop and with the help of some of this forum's members there is the possibility of seeing 15 original WW1 vehicles, a replica MKIV tank as well as all of the collection's WW1 aircraft in what I think will be a amazing sight. For people who like their aircraft a bit more metallic the Bristol Blenheim MK1 will be displaying as will 2 spitfires and the Avro Vulcan will be carrying out what will probably be it's last display at Old Warden with it's planned retirement later this year.

Photos from the previous WW1 gathering can be seen in this thread http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?45726-Shuttleworth-Collection-WW1-airshow&highlight=shuttleworth

20140810_153222.jpg

Hope to see some of you there

Steve

20140810_144538.jpg

20140810_150959.jpg

20140810_151149.jpg

I shall be there always enjoy days out at Old Warden, hopefully no mishaps this year.

For those who have never been it is well worth it.

Not the massive hussle and bussle as you get at Duxford and the likes and nice friendly atmosphere.

Oh yes and if you like the odd picture but not of dots, the display line is one of the closest I can think of. No need for that ultra long lense.

In fact last year I believe I entertained a few people with the words "damn its too close" as the Spitfire made its last pass.

Must remember - will not need long lense for Vulcan.

Mike

So far I'm told that we have got these beauties booked in; Crossley tender and recovery trailer with Phelon and Moore Motorcycle, B type bus, D type vauxhall, Albion 32 HO, Hallford, Dennis, two AEC Y types, Nash Quad, Liberty B and Fiat 15TER, They are expecting the replica WW1 MKIV tank, Crossley from the RAF Museum and Maudsley lorry as well as the Collection's Crossley and the based McCurd lorry as well as the based Ford Model T Hucks starter.

Add the based aircraft to this list and I think this show could be something really special.

All of the displays at Old Warden are so much closer than you see at other shows as Mike says, and I'll admit I'm biased but the atmosphere is one of the best things about the Collection and we are hoping to try and put our Sopwith Camel replica on the field with the vehicles with plenty of space around them for photos.

See you there

Steve

A little heads up for everyone the tickets for the show are selling rediculously fast now and if anyone who isn't a member of the SVAS (the volunteer association) wants to get a ticket I stongly advise buying in advance to guarantee entry, it's cheaper in advance too. SVAS members will be able to buy tickets in advance with their valid membership card on the day at £18.

Hopefully tomorrow some of the ground based acts will start to arrive so I'll take some pics for you all to see.

Steve

Well true to form the battle bus has come through and arrived earlier despite some problems in London earlier, once we unloaded it I took the oppertunity to grab some pictures of the bus with some comtempories, if this weather carries on it's going to be a great day.

DSC_0018.jpg

Steve

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Well what a day that was, we had 5 GS trucks turn up, a Crossley tender with trailer and Fokker DVII fuselage, Vauxhall staff car, B type Bus, Nash Quad, Fiat and Liberty B, MKIV replica, assorted motorbikes as well as our based Crossley, McCurd and WW1 aircraft. Thank you to you all for braving the naff weather at the start and the couple of passing showers and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Aircraft wise lots of people were enthralled by the Vulcan, but star of the flying to me was the MK1 Blenheim from Duxford parked up on our grass, sadly the wind picked up before the WW1 aircraft were due to fly and the poppy drop had to be carried out by Provost but we did taxi our SE5a over to where Major Pickthorn's daughter was standing (our SE5a shot down a DVII on 10/11/1918 in the hands of Major Pickthorn). I was also glad to be able to get the Camel briefly up to the vehicles for some pictures with you guys.

The crowd was the largest I have seen at Shuttleworth and hopefully if you guys keep coming we can continue to grow the ground based experience. Sorry for the phone pics but I was a little bit rushed sorting things out.

Thanks again

Steve

DSC_0020.jpg

Liberty B and Fiat.jpg

WW1 Trucks.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg