A&e 2016

Jack

Hi chums,

As promised, here are the details of next years event........:kiss:

Many will know, A&E 2012 was the last time I was going to do such a thing. I didn't get stitched up but kind of get let down with sponsorship at the last hour. That left me with a lot of embarrassment and stress, both of which I really didn't enjoy or want again. So 2012 was it for me as I really didn't want any more hassle or stress plus I should really take all that time and energy and invest it in my own future. Like most event organisers, you don't really get any chance to enjoy as you are so busy running around, putting out fires, smoothing egos, splitting up the Patton's and Monty's of the world :angel: - pretty much like your wedding day really :kissoncheek:

Anyhow - I have been picked on and bullied by Jim Clark and Adrian Scott - at one point they started to call me names :help::computerrage:

But they offered a solution and that was to offer their help and support and network to make 2016 happen. So there we are, we have joined forces (not Allied) so 2016 is on! Below is the preliminary brief.

1. It is an armour event first and foremost
  2. Max of 40 vehicles - armour and heavies will have priority. Bikes aren't included in the 40.
  3. There are no funds available for help with transport, just need to be aware of that from the get go.
  4. Self catering - no field kitchen. Dave will be with us but will be having fun like the rest of us
  5. There are costs that need to be covered, loos, field hire, water bowser and skip for the rubbish so there will be a charge for each adult who will be with us (will know a price closer to the time).
  6. Basecamp is planned on being very close to Dorchester :-)
  7. Saturday - convoy out to the Tank Museum to see......tanks and have a look at the Tiger 1 and the whole collection. We will stop half way for lunch at a village. We then return to Dorchester to head up the carnival parade.
  8. Saturday night is a social for all of us and a hog roast will be provided - we would like to make this a great evening where we all get to relax and have some fun (apparently Jim and Adrian have promised to sing....).
  9. Sunday - we have some good options here. Max of 10 tanks,armour, heavies to attend the Weymouth Veterans Parade. We are there under the invite of John and Ron - they have been kind enough to 'move' some rules to allow us to attend. The rest of us will convoy to a pub/village - may be Martinstown - where we had lunch on previous A&E's. The convoy of armour returning from Weymouth Veterans Parade will meet us there for lunch. We can then all return together, in convoy to base camp and then break camp for those who are leaving on the Sunday.

Again, this will be a great event and experience. I am sorry we can't have as many vehicles as previous times but we are limited on space.

The reason being, is that Jim & Adrian have been speaking with their tanker chums and they have had NINE tankers confirm that they are in. We then have to add the M4's HST's, M8's. M20's, Halftracks, Diamond T's, Macks, GMC and 105mm and wreckers.

DR's - yes we need you guys and we need a fair few. I should have a point man in place next week for all DR's to liaise with :-)

Jeeps - we will need some for the 'convoy work' and for the press - I intend to get as much press involved as possible this time, to get our hobby as much coverage as we can.

So the organising team is:

Jim Clark, Adrian Scott and myself.

I will run all comms through here and Facebook too so that we have it covered. https://www.facebook.com/ArmourEmbarkationUkWwiiTankEvent?fref=ts

Cheers!!

Jack and the team.

IMG_1646.jpg

7431323926_32c7870f13_b.jpg

7431324360_ac3f818f29_b.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

1972413_978953685448485_4951230620162965232_n.jpg

10390205_978953695448484_7403649517689546459_n.jpg

11221783_10153295780753463_6935303472708773847_n.jpg

Edited by Jack

The date is on the heading 18-19 June. Time for new specs Tony.................. or a labrador and a white stick:cool:

If I could find the Bl88dy Labrador!Now possibley with the aid of an attitude adjuster, to book the time off. The age is getting to me mate, trying to keep with the Grandaughter.

I am pleased to be able to offer parking, camping and entertainment to all vehicles, crew, living history groups and reenactors wishing to attend this event. You will be camping on the site of the former D-Day marshalling area D5 (Broadmayne Park & West Knighton).

D5 is approximately 5 miles from the towns of Weymouth & Dorchester, has excellent vehicular access and space is not an issue. We have recently held the 'Broadmayne D5' event for the third year running and would be more than happy to combine both events.

For more information regarding D5 see Broadmayne Camp on Facebook or visit www.broadmayneD5.info

Steve George

Chairman

Broadmayne World War 2 Society

(Jack - pm sent)

Now thats an offer thats would be hard to refuse.....for some one putting on one of the best events this country holds

Re A&E 2016 I am pleased to be able to offer parking, camping and entertainment to all vehicles, crew, living history groups and reenactors wishing to attend this event. You will be camping on the site of the former D-Day marshalling area D5 (Broadmayne Park & West Knighton).

D5 is approximately 5 miles from the towns of Weymouth & Dorchester, has excellent vehicular access and space is not an issue. We have recently held the 'Broadmayne D5' event for the third year running and would be more than happy to combine both events.

For more information regarding D5 see Broadmayne Camp on Facebook or visit www.broadmayneD5.info

Steve George

Chairman

(Jack - pm sent)

Re A&E 2016 I am pleased to be able to offer parking, camping and entertainment to all vehicles, crew, living history groups and reenactors wishing to attend this event. You will be camping on the site of the former D-Day marshalling area D5 (Broadmayne Park & West Knighton).

Steve George

Chairman

(Jack - pm sent)

Spoke with Steve last week and will have a site visit. We don't have any living history groups with us as we are a vehicle event but the issue we have is the secure parking for the HGV's bringing the armour etc. Also what needs to be taken into account is weather - if it is wet would we get the HGV's out. Just all those little things that you have to look at!

Will know more once I have had a look :-) But is a historic location!

Spoke with Steve last week and will have a site visit. We don't have any living history groups with us as we are a vehicle event but the issue we have is the secure parking for the HGV's bringing the armour etc. Also what needs to be taken into account is weather - if it is wet would we get the HGV's out. Just all those little things that you have to look at!

Will know more once I have had a look :-) But is a historic location!

Yep I remember the scene trying to get out of the field on Saturday morning in 2012....

M26 towing a Ward La France towing a Diamond T towing a rogers trailer with a M4 Hst loaded......blooming good job I was pushing at the back,,,,,,

Yep I remember the scene trying to get out of the field on Saturday morning in 2012....

M26 towing a Ward La France towing a Diamond T towing a rogers trailer with a M4 Hst loaded......blooming good job I was pushing at the back,,,,,,

Yeah and don't forget I was pushing your Jimmy................:whistle:

• 5 months later...

Hi chums!

Just a quick one to say sorry for the radio silence. All is good and we have been busy behind the scenes.

Will post up the full schedule of what is happening at A&E 2016 within the next week :-)

Cheers,

Jack.

Hi chums!

Just a quick one to say sorry for the radio silence. All is good and we have been busy behind the scenes.

Will post up the full schedule of what is happening at A&E 2016 within the next week :-)

Cheers,

Jack.

Woop woop!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Glad to see its all progressing. Hope one or all of your film people have access to a drone or 3 for that ariel view down the convoys when we are in the countryside with that type of technology it would be a much too good a opportunity to miss.

Drones all the way.

Glad to see its all progressing. Hope one or all of your film people have access to a drone or 3 for that ariel view down the convoys when we are in the countryside with that type of technology it would be a much too good a opportunity to miss.

Drones all the way.

Sadly not Cubed :-( the laws have changed soooooooooooo much now - it easier to fly a light aircraft and film from that.

• 3 weeks later...