Wartime in the Vale 2015 Pics

Well I'm still recovering from being emotionally & physically worn out from doing the show again & somehow it was even better. We really appreciate all the support from vehicle owners, re-nactors, traders & public, and to finish off with a ride in the Water Buffalo was just the icing on the cake for me.

So here are a few drone pics for starters, taken fairly late on the Saturday evening so some vehicles had gone home for the day & think most people had wondered down to the beer tent. And fortunately the rain later on Saturday afternoon didn't spoil things or even deter visitors, & did treat us to a fantastic double rainbow in the evening.

If any of you have any interesting pics or feedback then please post away, as I didn't get chance to take many pics, but will add some later taken by another photographer.

cheers Paul

Drone Mv's.jpg

Drone Camp.jpg

Rainbow.jpg

A short drone video of the whole site, taken early Saturday evening after the public had left & just after a rain shower hence not many people about, but for those that have not been before it will give you some idea as to what the event is like.

https://www.btcloud.bt.com/?shareObject=67f13792-2a5e-9405-687a-2852da602619

Hi All,

A bit slow off the mark posting my photos this year – that dirty four letter word again – work !

Firstly - a big thanks again for the efforts by Paul Valides and Bob James in facilitating such a great show for us all. Anyone who deals with Paul will know the extra mile he went-to in his efforts. And let`s not forget the efforts of his supporting show-team !

The show has matured so much these past few years, and continues to grow – both MV attendance and number of military and civilian re-enactors.

We set up our display of ex-NATO (Bundeswehr) communications vehicles and equipment on the Thursday as part of the wider VMARS (Vintage Military and Amateur Radio Society) display. The focus of our display was to show the vehicles this time (as opposed to a tactical set-up) and, the area was located on the uphill side of the show ground , offering an excellent take-off point for our transmissions. Anyone who visited could not help but note our masts along the skyline ! With so many masts, live power and transmission lines across our designated area, visitors respected the hazard tape marking our boundary and, waited to be safely guided to view our exhibits.

We were so pleased with the positive comments from our visitors and enjoyed the opportunity to explain something of the equipment and its historical context.

Starting to think of some display ideas for next year already :-D

I therefore attach below a small collection of images I took over the event – both of my display and, more general images to give some idea of the show`s atmosphere. The collection is by no means comprehensive.

For more images and video (not my own), try a youtube search `Wartime in the Vale 2015`. I believe also that the photographer – Richard Kyte ( http://www.rjkytephotography.co.uk/c0084/c0084.html ) has started to post his quality show images on his website.

All the best for now,

Cheers,

Steve

Our Display:

Set 8.jpg

VMARS Lineup

VMARS 3.jpg

Random MV`s

MV 8.jpg

To be continued.....

Set 1.jpg

Set 2.jpg

Set 3.jpg

Set 4.jpg

Set 5.jpg

Set 6.jpg

Set 7.jpg

VMARS 1.jpg

VMARS 2.jpg

Model T.jpg

MV 1.jpg

MV 2.jpg

MV 3.jpg

MV 4.jpg

MV 5.jpg

MV 6.jpg

MV 7.jpg

Edited by Steve 82

Some more images.....

Enjoy !

Cheers

General views over the field / arena / stalls

views 5.jpg

Civvie Vehicles

3.jpg

WW2 German displays

Ger 6.jpg

1:1 model Spitfire (working Merlin !)

Spitfire 1.jpg

views 1.jpg

views 2.jpg

views 3.jpg

views 4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ger 1.jpg

Ger 2.jpg

Ger 3.jpg

Ger 4.jpg

Edited by Steve 82

Odd noises woke us up at dawn one morning, we found the Rugged One disembarking after another secret night time foray!

To have required such backup his mission must have taken him to some foreign shore way beyond the range of his on board fuel tanks....

IMG_2363.jpg

Thanks for the pics & I liked the aerial clips, nice toy. Maybe I will get there next year again.

Thanks Clive, drone pics will be helpful with planning for layout next year. Taken by a friend with a vehicle, who is quite experienced with drones, as you have to be 50m from structures & people so can do from the middle of the arena & before any one asks, yes he/drone are insured for flying. Maplin is quite a good place to buy them from.