End of War and Peace Show..................

Markheliops

Always sceptical of such rumours... but unless the W&P Revival website has been hacked... it would appear to be true as there is a statement on the main page to indicate this is the last one... unless someone else wants to take it on.

Perhaps the Bicester Heritage site... loads of space and a nice historic setting in a central location... although, personally I'd prefer somewhere like Plymouth.

Not great news. From our perspective its the only show where we can do our display, its takes about 3 days to build and a day to take down and then transport either end so a weekend show just isn't worth it.

Im sure something will happen

/p

I'm sure it will survive probably back where it used to be, although it would be great if it was somewhere central to make it less of a trip for those up North :D

I'm all in favour for it going back to the Hop Farm.

It's not a rumour - Rex has announced the last show on U-Tube.

I know people are calling for a central location but I would guess nearly 50% of the exhibitors are from overseas so a central location wouldn't really work.

I say return to the Hop farm if the show is to continue to be a success.

Not great news. From our perspective its the only show where we can do our display, its takes about 3 days to build and a day to take down and then transport either end so a weekend show just isn't worth it.

Im sure something will happen

/p

Paul

A chance to start your own show perhaps?

Tim

Yup, I just watched the YouTube video linked from the news letter. Sad to see Rex step down, but another event will take its place. The king is dead, long live the king.....as they say. I too must say that a show in the South is required due to the European owners. Perhaps the northern shows will just get larger.

That's a real shame, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end, let's hope somebody else will be willing to take up the mantle, however unless plans are already in place I can't see it happening next year due to the sheer size of the task, (but I hope I am wrong)

Kevin

Is the show actually run by a company, with which the financial risks sit with? If so, it might take someone with deep pockets to take it on. I don't see a business man such as Rex merely handing over a company to a new owner to continue running the show.

A great shame, but Rex and his team deserve our huge thanks for what they have offered the hobby in terms of scale and quality of shows and the ability for green enthusiasts to meet year on year, most of whom now consider it a pilgrimage !

To find a character of equal enthusiasm, eccentricity , MV passion, worldwide contacts, and possibly above all able to fund the financial risk will be a hard task to follow.

A great shame, but Rex and his team deserve our huge thanks for what they have offered the hobby in terms of scale and quality of shows and the ability for green enthusiasts to meet year on year, most of whom now consider it a pilgrimage !

To find a character of equal enthusiasm, eccentricity , MV passion, worldwide contacts, and possibly above all able to fund the financial risk will be a hard task to follow.

Here here John.

I know some grumble about the show but I LOVE it................

If War and Peace doesn't rise from the ashes, I feel the hobby in general will lose out in a big way.

If War and Peace doesn't rise from the ashes, I feel the hobby in general will lose out in a big way.

I agree hugely. There are indeed many other smaller shows, but as I see it, It takes such a huge show as W&P lasting the best part of a week to attract so many people, their vehicles, living history, stalls and entertainments in one place. Anything smaller and suddenly a lot of attendees from further away won't make the effort.

Here here John.

I know some grumble about the show but I LOVE it................

Sadly, I reluctantly agree with you. Today's kids have no interest in it. I got into the hobby through this very show at the age of 7, so to see it go is a huge shame and loss.

But I am wishing Rex and Barbara all the best with their retirement.

Just hoping now that the show finds a way to live on.

War and peace turns over a huge amount of profit, although it must be very stressful organising it, but some one with a big pocket will jump on the opitunity and will run it again no doubt, I hope so any way, it's are holiday look so forward every year, there is just not a show like it, Bill.

War and peace turns over a huge amount of profit, although it must be very stressful organising it, but some one with a big pocket will jump on the opitunity and will run it again no doubt, I hope so any way, it's are holiday look so forward every year, there is just not a show like it, Bill.

I don't think War and Peace turns over as much as you think Bill!

If it did, there would be a huge queue to take it on.

The trouble is people THINK it makes a huge profit and that's why people get snotty about the facilities.