Transport Trust Retoration Awards

paulbrook

Hi folks

I have recently taken on the role of coordinator of the Transport Trust Restoration Awards. Whilst some will know of them many do not and that is a shame - imagine a worthy and old-established coming up with not only an award for you in recognition of all your restoration efforts but also a significant financial contribution towards completion of you project.

Well that is the awards scheme and having just attended the ceremony for the recipients of the 2014/2015 awards I can tell you that there are lots of worthy projects in the military vehicle world that would stand a very good chance indeed of qualifying this time around. You do not even have to be a member of the Transport Trust.

So if you do nothing else, have a look at the appropriate page of the Transport Trust website

http://www.transporttrust.com/10004.html

If you have any questions or need any help please do not hesitate to get in touch here or at pcbrook@mail2world.com - but please put TT Awards in the title!

Many thanks

Paul Brook

PS any chance of making this a sticky?

Just for anyone reading the restorations do not have to be at the top end of the scale in terms of complexity or cost - any decent project is in with a chance from a folding paratroopers pushbike up to a Tiger tank.

I urge everyone undertaking a restoration to have a look at the links and give it some thought - as well as the kudos the awards are reasonable four-figure amounts so it is well worth making an effort.

Similarly look at the categories for people rather than projects, such as Young Preservationis and so on.

A quick update if I may, and hot off the press as it were. The deadline for the 2015/2016 awards has just been extended, although the Transport Trust website has not been updated yet (it still says that applications need to be in by the end of June)

You actually have until 1 Nov to get those applications in, so don't be shy!

• 2 years later...