Hello From New Hampshire, USA

Hello From New Hampshire, USA

Changing my status from Lurker to occasional poster, have been reading the HMVF’s new posts each day for about a month and have greatly enjoyed the tenor and flavor of the discussions. Got to MHVF from a cross posting in MLU.

I have been in the HMV hobby since 1978 and a little unusual for an American in that I’ve specialize in CMPs having three of them all restored and on the road. Because I enjoy the World Wide Flavor of HMVF I will probably restrict my comments to CMPs. I have a web page covering my three CMPs along with other CMP related information and to how CMPs were used by the CBC, BBC and ABC in broadcast operations during WWII. (Will somebody let me know if it is common practice to include personal website links?)

My reason the side line in Broadcasting is that my HUP was a mobile recording truck for the BBC at the very end of WWII.

Being editor of our local military vehicle clubs month newsletter also see lots of HMV tid bits with the UK, Europe, and World Wide flavor to tease the interest of a small New England military vehicle club.

Cheers Phil Waterman

Web%202012%20Weare%20010.jpg

Hi

No these are regular drivers, we have a very active local club with regular trips. For example last June 2014 we did a D-Day Memorial Convoy from the Massachusetts State Line to the Canadian Boarder and back about 250 miles each way. I drove my C60S Radio Truck. Our big annual club rally is coming up at the end of July all three of my trucks will be there. We generally have 125 +/- MVs attending. Featuring the normal display, flea market, but with a lot of road trips and off road trail rides.

My Pattern 12 C60L with the cargo body also gets used for hauling stuff around, hence the lift crane, which folds down flat to be out of view for parades. When I take it to hot rod shows its my 3 ton roadster. The HUP is freshly overhauled after 34+ years of trail rides, parades, and just driving for fun. During good weather if I don't drive each of them once a week feel like I've missed something.

As to trying to get more people from the US in particular Northeast was sort of reluctant to try and promote that, do not want to spoil the tone of HMVF much better than some of the US MV forums.

Is it cricket to list private MV related hobby websites?

Cheers Phil

Edited by CMP-Phil
spelling

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Thought I would follow up with a before and after shot of my Pattern 12 C60L, some times the question is asked can this truck be restored, well it really boils down to how hard you are willing to try.

Not necessarily the question of can it be economically restored, because with MVs and many other older vehicle there is no way you could ever sell it for more than what it will cost you to restore it, it is the enjoyment value of the restoration work and driving the finished product.

C60L as found and now.

Cheers Phil

Pat 12 Nose Change Details 034.jpg

P0001224.jpg