2015 show - who is going this year?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D Coy are coming over from N Ireland Monday to Sunday with our usual selection of Land Rover VPKs, WMIK and RB44. If Kent was closer we'd bring heavier toys and armour!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Edited by johnhughes

Hopefully there Sunday - Sunday with nothing exciting just in the Wolf.

But I will have my bag of electrical test gear & novelties. So if you have ignition components that need testing bring em along. If you have any defective coils please don't throw them away as I would like to tests & dissect them for research purposes.

By testing I mean not using a multimeter but testing at the sort of voltages these components have to work at. Capacitors, coils, rotor arms, screened cables, sparking plugs etc these can all be tested. No catch, no fee, I just have the gear with me so if I can help I will. Each year there are usually a few people that can get their problems sorted. I will be with EMLRA, usually near that large Dutch mast thing.

I'll be there from tomorrow. This year not with either Militant for the first time in 15 years. Having left it until the last minute to sort the Mk1 M.O.T. test, got to a local test centre that tests motorhomes regularly, only to have the tester go "err that's a bit large!", then refused to test it! Spoke to someone I know in DVSA, who believes he could have gone ahead. Oh well, it's now booked for 3 August in Eastbourne!

Mk3 needs front wheel bearings both sides, so is grounded. I can't pick it up if something large falls off!

Explorer on site, and will be over in the wife's Landrover by lunchtime, hopefully??

Jules

So - as the topic heading asks - who will be going to W&P this year???

I sent off the booking form last November and this might well be my last year there with the OT as a lack of work means there is no money after this year to pay the transport bills. Hopefully the Landrover and the UAZ will be there both this year and henceforth though.

Not with any vehicles – not happy with the way we were treated last year

A friend of mine turned down the idea of going as he heard the M20 was completely closed at Junction 8. So how are things now with the route to WPR. Presumably getting from Junction 8 to A20 would not be too hard?

As of yesterday (22/7) Stack is back in operation and freight is stacked from Jct 8-9, traffic coming off at 8 was HEAVY. More by luck than judgement we came yesterday via the A/M2 then as far as Canterbury, took the A28, then A2070, then A20, perhaps a little further and longer than usual but had no holdups and completely avoided the M20.

Of course this is only applicable for those coming clockwise around the M25 over Dartford.

This may be old news now as knock on effects may have made this option congested too.

Good luck people!