Morris commercial C4

Hello, I will start this new thread on the restoration of my latest project.

Collected the remains of this Morris c4 in Brittany France this week, the previous owner started to work on the Morris but lack off time and space put a halt on the project and offered it for sale.

I still remember this truck from a advertisement in France in as found condition , but at that moment I was to match involved in my Bedford QL restoration.

Now the C4 is in my workshop and looking out to a new life !:cheesy:

Some information : Morris commercial 15cwt 4x2 C4/wt (wireless body)

MCC cont.n° 23/6778

Chassis N° 2202 C4/WT 3357

Cat. ref. N° 337

ass found some years back

cat 07.2014 174.jpg

And how it came to Belgium, on the trailer with a van full of parts .

IMG_1586.jpg

GUY

cat 07.2014 167.jpg

cat 07.2014 171.jpg

cat 07.2014 002.jpg

Edited by guy66

Hi Guy

I don't think you are missing anything, the section sticking out looks like it has been added to take the return spring.

here is a couple of shots of my PU which is the same whilst I was stripping her down.

regards

Jules

IMG_2911.jpg

Is it possible that there is a section of the angle iron missing around the pedals, just have a look on the picture and you just can see a bit of a piece of angle iron?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104823[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]104824[/ATTACH]

IMG_2916.jpg

The steering swivels bronze bushes are ready and no more play on these bits, made also new bushes for the spring shackles and reamed them to a nice fit, now the bushes in the springs will follow. strange thing is that the front spring bushes have no play!must have well been greased .

bush1.JPG

bush.JPG

found the rear axle number, the previous owner modified the back axle bump stops with big rubber blocks and welded a extra plate on top off the axle.

After removing these extra plates on the axle I discovered the back axle number and ratio.

morris 4.JPG

Number is as on identification plate, so still the original one.

cat 07.2014 125.jpg

And now we have a nice front axle without play.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105662[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]105663[/ATTACH]

Hi Guy top quality job as usual, now your back from playing on the bikes are you going to finish the 20cwt trailer for W&P this year ? or have you lost interest now you have a new toy. :thumbsup: