Morris commercial C4

Hi Andy.

First took a piece of 3 mm thick plate and rolled around two tubes of 3/4 " and welded this together.

Ones ready I welded the ring round the tube and after well heating I bend these to a more open shape with a long 3/4" solid bar .

Had to make a few test to have enough space to slide the top tube aside the vertical tube.

The use of this bracket is that you can store the two tubes if you want to drive without the canvas cover over the cabin.

Hope this will help you a bit further !!

Guy.

Thanks Guy ... looking good as allways !

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Made the tubes that connect the front and rear. on these two tubes will the cupola been fitted that is in construction for the moment.

IMG_2243.jpg

The replacement engine for the second Morris W/T some reassemble work , needed to check this one completely over ass the engine was stored for more than 30 years.

IMG_2240.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

Thanks for the information , but the 4 brake houses came with the Morris , the French and previous owner orderer some parts for the brake system.

Strange that there came 4 houses my way with the Morris as there are only 3 required .

IMG_2118.jpg

Edited by guy66

Hello Guy

Can you tell me what you did with the replacement brake pipes. The original copper pipes had single flared ends, this is not a good method and double flares are normally used on brake systems . Did you use double flares or single ? Thanks Mike

Did use single flare ends on the tubes , did the same on my Bedford QL and never had any problems with this set up ..

If you want to modify to double flares you need to replace some tricky connectors on the brake system.

Guy

Hello Guy

Can you tell me what you did with the replacement brake pipes. The original copper pipes had single flared ends, this is not a good method and double flares are normally used on brake systems . Did you use double flares or single ? Thanks Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Made the little box to fit the driver's handbook in to, made the copy from a friend his C4 that still had the original fitted in the cabin.

IMG_2246.jpg

Started also to strip the radio box on this wireless, this will need a lot of work and will duplicate in the meantime for my wireless where the radio box was lost.

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

Hello Alex , indeed I have some information and pictures from Jaap de Wit his thread on MLU, but not everything on his project is as I like it. the panel work is not fitted as original and the roof is original covered with canvas and not in metal plate as Jaap did it .

But no hard feelings he made a great job of it and I was very lucky he post some interesting pictures .

Guy.

Guy,

In case you are after more pictures of the Morris radio box...Jaap de Wit on MLU restored a C15 with Morris radio box a few years back.

Alex

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Found a copula from a Bedford QL and modified this one a bit that it fits on to the cabin frame work, had to search for some information what the hip ring looked like and how this was fitted on the top frame work.

The hip ring is a fairly standard part and used on match British vehicles late war.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129241&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129242&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129243&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129244&stc=1

Now I can have al these bits sandblasted and painted.

The screened ignition is also ready , this is a mix off Land Rover screened ignition bits and original bits.Have also 2 spare spark plugs into its holder on the bulkhead .

attachment.php?attachmentid=129245&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129246&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129247&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129248&stc=1

The air filter elbow is back in to it's place and now the filter need some paint.

attachment.php?attachmentid=129249&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=129250&stc=1

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2406.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

• 1 month later...

Started with the construction of the radio box floor . Assembled the remains of the bad box to use as a template . A loot of measuring and matching as there is really noting match left and not been a carpenter by trade don't improve the situation.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Up 1

Getting there with the floor crossmembers , made the base for the front and rear panel . Now it will be a bit more strait forward as I have a useable template for all the side panels .

image.jpg

Edited by guy66
  • Like 2

Guy, excellent work, as usual. It's great to see the progress on the rear body.

Here is another period picture, this time taken in Wormerveer, Netherlands 1945

source:https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/detail/265162b8-025a-11e7-904b-d89d6717b464/media/2cdc506f-7180-86fd-a1e2-6d33bfa3b8a0?mode=detail&view=horizontal&q=wormerveer&rows=1&page=1

Alex

Wormer.jpg

The wireless box back wall is assembled and ready , next will be the front wall but still looking for information about measurements for the front window. The box that I use as a template was a early warning truck and these did not had this small window in the front of the box.image.thumb.jpg.4b6a1dad15e769ff72a8bbd7c68a2ef8.jpgStart on the front wall

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Small update on the construction of the radio box. Front wall almost ready just looking for some information go the front windscreen fits in to , are over the front of the box ?

The sample box I use is of a early warning Morris and these had no windscreen in the front and also no ventilated panels on the back and rear right hand side for the extra generator.

Made also a start on the left hand side.  

IMG_2425.JPG

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

IMG_2443.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2444.JPG

• Up 1