Army 'SP' Registration Numbers

DWS

I am looking for information about a BSA WD B40 with the registration number 00 SP 77 which I have discovered was an Army registration number used for 'Special Projects' vehicles. These vehicles, I am led to believe, were tested and assesed at the MVEE (Military Experimental Engineering Establishment) Chertsey. Were vehicles with these 'SP' registration numbers issued with Key Cards and, if so, where would I find them?

Dave

The SP registration number key cards where not all collected because after trails they where some reregistered with

standard military registration numbers some did how ever retained there SP numbers and the few cards that where saved

THE RLC MUSEUM MAY HAVE THEM the Chertsey records may hold some of the BSA B40 SP numbers issued to them

The SP registration number key cards where not all collected because after trails they where some reregistered with

standard military registration numbers some did how ever retained there SP numbers and the few cards that where saved

THE RLC MUSEUM MAY HAVE THEM the Chertsey records may hold some of the BSA B40 SP numbers issued to them

Thanks for that Wally, I understand that the RLC Museum charge £30 for a search, do you know if the charge stands, even if they do not find what you are looking for?

DAVE they now charge £35 wether they have the details or not l can check what SP NUMBERS they hold from the records l hold

Thanks Wally

The number I am interested in is 00 SP 77.

DAVE the RLC do not hold the 419B Key card for 00 SP 77 so your only hope may be the Chertsey files

REGARDS WALLY

Thanks again wally, where do I locate or find the Chertsey files please?

DAVE l have them will look out 00 SP 77 FOR YOU but can you wait a bit as l am busy with some research for an other forum member at the moment

regards WALLY

No problem Wally of course I can wait, in your own time.

Dave