Wartime in the Vale, Evesham, 20 & 21 June, 2015

Hello,

Would have posted earlier but sadly my Father died in Feb & funeral was just last week so my thoughts have been elsewhere. Though at times, planning the show has been a positive distraction.

And after much consultation with local members & the MVT we have agreed that the show will now be organised independently by Ashdown which is an already established business based on site.

So the event is supported by local MVT members and I'm pleased to add that it is kindly sponsored by both the MVT and Cherished Vehicle Insurance, so the changeover should be seamless as the format & layout will remain much the same. Though this year will be Commemorating the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain and have booked a full-sized model Spitfire with a working Merlin engine that will be running at various times during the day, so that should sound fantastic, in addition to the BBMF flypasts that we have applied for.

I know many of you have already booked in, so thank you for that, but if any others would still like to join us the easiest way is to do it online here: http://www.ashdowncamp.webs.com/onlinevehiclereg.htm

Again we are likely to have in the region of 400+ mv's & 500+ re-enactors, we will also attempt to integrate more of those vehicles into groups displays.

I also like the suggestion on another post about hosting a Diamond T section, so if you guys have other suggestions then do please contribute.

cheers

Paul

Ashdown WITV email_signature.jpg

Edited by Papav66

I'm also pleased to confirm that one of the stars of the show has confirmed attendance & thats the LVT Water Buffalo, so we are really pleased with that, as there are very few shows where that will be seen running.

Buffalo & Jeep med.jpg

LVT_water_buffalo_arena med.jpg

WW1 vehicles med.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yes I see what you mean Gareth:

Sorry, this page was not found.

Looks like the page you were looking for is no longer available.

I've already booked the Pig in so that looks like 120 miles of fun. Not sure what worries me the most, getting up some of those hills or trying to come down them gracefully :-D

And here's the latest nissen, no. 11, whilst the frame went up nearly two years ago, Bob only recently bought some more tin & managed to fit last week, so this will now become the Armoury come show time as we had outgrown the railway carriage.

I had wondered if this might be the last building to go up but no, some of our local members/re-enactors have just bought an ex RAF mess hut, 30m x 6m, needs a bit of work but plan to have it rebuilt at the camp later in the year & used for a new display in 2016.

Nissen 11.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nearly up to 450 military vehicles so if the weather is kind we will be up on last year.

Had a working party at the camp yesterday, to do lots of creosoting/painting, cleaning windows, re-taping windows & weeding etc so thanks to all those that have registered so far & for the help yesterday. It was a bit gloomy at first but brightened up later.

Pic taken outside Auntie Jill's revamped canteen.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, a quick update to say that today I have posted entry numbers to all those that applied by post & will be emailing the rest over next couple of days. And popping over to Evesham now to mark out the corners of the arena so Bob can put the posts in etc.

Marked out the arena so its little bigger than last year 130m x 85m so more than enough room to play.

The camp is looking better than ever, Bob just never stops, he was working on moving several tons of hardcore in readiness for the ex-RAF hut but that won't go up till after the show.

So here are a few pics of the site taken today, will look great when full of vehicles & re-enactors.

Camp Pano.jpg

Aircraft - As mentioned before, we we due to have the Lancaster, but with the recent engine fire & internal damage, thats been grounded for the rest of the season, so as replacements we've managed to source a Dragon Rapide & Auster Spotter so at least we have something in the air.

Edited by Papav66
sp

I've now emailed all entry numbers, so just quote that upon arrival in exchange for wristbands, though I'm sure one or two might have slipped through the net.

And still not too late to register if you haven't already done so.

438 MV's so far.

Paul

John Pearson will be arriving late on Friday night with the low loader. I will be arriving on Friday afternoon ( Traveling from a different part of the country) have no entry details from John will it still be ok the book in ?

Alec James

Paul

John Pearson will be arriving late on Friday night with the low loader. I will be arriving on Friday afternoon ( Traveling from a different part of the country) have no entry details from John will it still be ok the book in ?

Alec James

Hi Alec,

Thats not a problem, pm sent with entry numbers to quote.

Popping over to day as a few vehicles arriving today & tomorrow having been to Wicksteed.

cheers

Paul

Hi Alec,

Thats not a problem, pm sent with entry numbers to quote.

Popping over to day as a few vehicles arriving today & tomorrow having been to Wicksteed.

cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul busy time for you seen PM thanks again

Al

WARNING - For those travelling from the North of Evesham along A46 please note there may be a diversion in place, from the Bidford roundabout down to the next roundabout at Evesham Country Park, the last section prior to Badsey is not effected.

They have been closing the A46 at night from 8pm - 7am, its happening this week, however sometimes it switches between Northbound or Southbound so I've been in contact to try & find out the nights it effects Southbound, as could be a real pain for those arriving during the evening this week especially the Friday night but thought best to pre-warn you.

Map here showing diversion, but will keep checking with them:

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/road-projects/A46-Twyford-Roundabout-to-Salford-Priors-Roundabout-northbound-and-southbound-resurfacing?maps