Exchanges with a spammer

fv1609

The advantage of advertising on here is that potential purchasers can contact you via PM there is no need to reveal your email to the whole world. I have had very few spammers & tricksters on here they will tend to have few posts or even zero posts.

One of the big MV selling sites one is more vulnerable to abuse. I never give my phone number & just give my email, so one can be a target for spammers. Here is a recent exchange. It is always worth googling a section of a reply to see if it crops up elsewhere. Despite being on an oil rig off New Zealand this individual has also tried to buy horses, dogs, boats etc.

My advert stated the price. But none the less I got this:

I am interested in buying your (3/4 Ton Wide Track Trailer) listed on xxxxx.net, and would like to receive additional information about it, such as present condition, last asking price and pics if available, i will like to pay with PayPal.

Hi Thomas is nice to here from you. Yes its is very nice & pleasant condition. Please make paid me cash only and I send you more picture

How much are you asking for it?

Is still for sale price I am showing to that which is in the advertisment first times shown if not better. Is ok for you?

Good to hear back from you, i work with New Zealand Oil and Gas (NZOG) and we are presently offshore in New Zealand Taranaki Basin on kupe project, i am at sea right now so i wont be able to check the trailer am buying this for my dad as a surprise gift so am willing to offer you the amount you requested, i insisted on PayPal because i don't have access to my bank account online and i don't have internet banking too, but i can pay from my PayPal account as i have my bank a/c attached to it, all i will need is your PayPal email address to make the payment, and if you don't have a PayPal account yet, i will suggest you set one up at http://www.paypal.com it will not take you more than 3 mins to do that, i will be expecting your PayPal email so that i will make payment, i have a pick-up agent that will come for the pick-up they will also determine and secure the shipment once payment has been sorted, i will also need your full name and phone number.

Yes it was good to here back from you as well i bet it is really very nice time in the basin, but i suppose you have to do working some of the times yes. Do you have any pictures of your rigs as this really interest my retard brother. Your have agent pick up this he is allowed to bring here cash money is okey with me as no paypal allowed here. Dooes you think the agent need help pull as it is many heavy we have farmer has big cow to help pull but i think you must pay him for do this is okey for him help. His wife is very strong and has many hairs of the nostrils.

All gone quiet for the moment :-D

I have to explain in detail I am an Aussie living in Malaysia when buying stuff as all this scamming hurts us overseas buyers.

I think stating I am an Aussie but living overseas, lessons the negative Aussie impact :-D especially after the cricket etc

But Malaysia is not much different from Nigeria on the scamming side

I got a few scammers after my Cromwell ad on milweb. I thought I would string one guy along just for fun and got him to send his cheque to

m. mouse

20 park drive

Berkley

sh1 te

uk

he still didn't twig, in the end he got a little upset and threatened me with " much blood" he didn't realise it would have been his if we had met. (if he was much smaller than me ) :)

the scam goes like this, they send you the asking price plus say £5k extra. you deposit the cheque which shows on your bank balance but hasn't cleared yet. in the meantime they get you to send the £5k back thru money gram and that's that !

the cheque will bounce and you will have paid £5k to be educated on buyer/seller transactions.

rick

I'm surprised the goat didn't get a mention Clive:D

Derek I was going to see how long the nostril hair would run, by then the goat would be released from prison, currently charged with political agitation & non-payment of a parking fine.

Dscf1720a_zpsuxcl4hc3.jpg

I got a few scammers after my Cromwell ad on milweb. I thought I would string one guy along just for fun and got him to send his cheque to

m. mouse

20 park drive

Berkley

sh1 te

uk

he still didn't twig, in the end he got a little upset and threatened me with " much blood" he didn't realise it would have been his if we had met. (if he was much smaller than me ) :)

the scam goes like this, they send you the asking price plus say £5k extra. you deposit the cheque which shows on your bank balance but hasn't cleared yet. in the meantime they get you to send the £5k back thru money gram and that's that !

the cheque will bounce and you will have paid £5k to be educated on buyer/seller transactions.

rick

This scam takes advantage of the British Bank Clearing system in which all banks which have signed up to the agreement agree to clear cheques within I think 5 working days... so the funds appear to be in your bank account after this period of time... your statement says they are there.

But, there are some smaller banks out there which arent subscribed to this system... so whilst your bank shows the funds in your account (because of the agreed system)... the bank the cheque has been drawn against hasnt yet processed the cheque... so not cleared by them.

After many many days later... perhaps as much as 20 working days... the small bank tells your bank that the cheque has bounced... your bank then tells you and removes the funds from your account.

It is now your problem to resolve the bounced cheque... not your banks.

So if you've sent them the money and any goods, you are now out of pocket... and screwed.

Someone tried it with me a few years ago - their cheque went to the police and not my bank...

Tim

Billy is innocent - he doesn't deserve to die. Remember Hanratty, they were wrong about him too ..........

In that case Billy is guilty. Hanratty proved guilty with DNA some years ago. Poor Billy......

Bernard I think you are confusing the goat with the farmer's wife, this always leads to complications :shake:

That's why I never became a shepherd Clive, I was too worried about having the same problem with sheep ......:sweat:

Bernard the other problem is always sorting the sheep from the goats!

As you can see Mr Goat has an eye for Mrs & Miss Sheep rather than Mrs Goat.

He also had a soft spot for one of the whippets. Although the younger Ms Whippet was a great joiner-in, she was always able to out run Mr Goat if it looked as if her dignity was going to be compromised.

DSCF1573_zpsdr4gyh2a.jpg

My sister used to keep goats on the farm where my vehicles live. One day I found that all the safety tags on the fire extinguishers in the barn had gone missing and I scratched my head for a bit until I realised that they had been green in colour ...

Andy

Andy the worse offenders for chewing bits that stick out whatever the colour, are geese. They love to rattle things in their serrated beaks. Here, with some difficulty, I managed to arrest an offender biting tyre valves some 35 years ago.

Goose%20LtWt_zpsdvzpuj2r.jpg

My sister used to keep goats on the farm where my vehicles live. One day I found that all the safety tags on the fire extinguishers in the barn had gone missing and I scratched my head for a bit until I realised that they had been green in colour ...

Andy

My step-father had a goat... he also had a nice old Rolls-Royce.

One hot sunny day he left the windows on the Rolls open...

Later that day, he found the Goat had eaten all the seats.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape if all that went missing were the fire extinguisher tags.

Tim