RAF Northolt -100th Anniversary Open Day - Saturday 13th June 2015

LarryH57

Dear Members,

I looking for owners with ex-RAF vehicles, who may wish to attend RAF Northolt's 100th Anniversary Open Day & Air Show on Saturday 13th June 2015.

Please send me a PM if you are interested.

Kind Regards

Larry

PM sent Larry

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Snowdrop - what do you own that's affected by the LEZ; something diesel I imagine?

Have you checked the LEZ web site, as I know that some members drive diesel Land Rovers but these are classed as PLG by DVLA, so are exempt.

Snowdrop - what do you own that's affected by the LEZ; something diesel I imagine?

Have you checked the LEZ web site, as I know that some members drive diesel Land Rovers but these are classed as PLG by DVLA, so are exempt.

Not quite correct, Defender type Landrovers built before 2002 Only Passenger diesel Landrovers, ie. registered as station wagon/estate with side windows and 9 or less seats are exempt from LEZ.

Pre 2002 PLG diesel Commercial variants, hardtop van, pickup truck cab, military canvas top utility landrovers are Not exempt unless re engined with a later TD5 euro3 compliant engine or had the very expensive exhaust particulate filter fitted.

The LEZ rules apply to Any PLG diesel commercial based vehicle over 1.205kg unladen

All new diesel commercial vehicles built from 2002 on had Euro3 LEZ compliant engines

Edited by Nick Johns

Correct, the issue is that while my 110 1987 defender is a PLG, it's also registered as a 4x4 utility which means LEZ charges apply. Very frustrating, especially as if it was a V8 petrol, it would be exempt....:mad:

(yes, I have checked the LEZ website as well, just in case)