Dashmore clothing para smock

Mintsauce5

I've just been having a rummage through all my older combat clothing having a bit of a clear out as my wife says I've got to much gear when I came across this para smock from when I used to paintball about 30 years ago ago , it's made by a company called Dashmore clothing and has smock parachutist on the label and size 180/104 , any body know what kind of year it's likely to be from , I've also got an sas hooded smock made by a company called radar clothing but I think I may keep that one as it's pretty nice :-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Mintsauce5

hi ,

thanks for the reply , i've got to many military bits of clothing so I'm under orders to reduce my cupboard space , think the wife needs more space to hang clothes up that she never wears , just need a bit of info on era etc before it goes to that well known auction site :-)

I'd put this at some time in the 80s, possibly nearer the latter end, as that's when Dashmore Clothing seem to have been most active. There is no contract number on the smock which means it's a private purchase example. These were made, often by the same companies supplying the Armed Forces, for sale to people who wanted a para smock but wouldn't normally be issued one, either service personnel or private individuals. Alternatively, some companies made visually identical garments but using better quality materials for those wanting "Gucci" kit.

I'd put this at some time in the 80s, possibly nearer the latter end, as that's when Dashmore Clothing seem to have been most active. There is no contract number on the smock which means it's a private purchase example. These were made, often by the same companies supplying the Armed Forces, for sale to people who wanted a para smock but wouldn't normally be issued one, either service personnel or private individuals. Alternatively, some companies made visually identical garments but using better quality materials for those wanting "Gucci" kit.

Yes - although the 'made up' NSN is interesting as well. Nothing like the prescribed number for an 80's para smock and the country designation of '88' doesn't relate afaik to any NATO country either.

Yes - although the 'made up' NSN is interesting as well. Nothing like the prescribed number for an 80's para smock and the country designation of '88' doesn't relate afaik to any NATO country either.

Good point - could it have been made for an Asian or South American country? Would they have used temperate dpm?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...
On 2/16/2015 at 4:41 PM, Mintsauce5 said:

I've just been having a rummage through all my older combat clothing having a bit of a clear out as my wife says I've got to much gear when I came across this para smock from when I used to paintball about 30 years ago ago , it's made by a company called Dashmore clothing and has smock parachutist on the label and size 180/104 , any body know what kind of year it's likely to be from , I've also got an sas hooded smock made by a company called radar clothing but I think I may keep that one as it's pretty nice 🙂

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was likely made late 1980s I worked there it’s lock street st Helen’s Merseyside dashmore clothing ltd it’s gone now. It was genuine made for MOD not a copy

• Like 1