Hello,

i am am new here, so not sure of the routine.

i am an automotive journalist. I was editor of The Engineer weekly news magazine from 1969 to 1980. I have a special interest in armoured fighting vehicles, especially battle tanks.

BUT...does anyone have a hande on French-built Cohendet trucks of WW1 period, namely around 1908.

i believe there is one in the UK. Does anyone know about this??

And does ices anyone have any spec sheets etched of the Cohendet truck which I think was front engined, but the engine was underfloor.

grateful for any help.

Tankchief

I can confirm that there is one in existence here ,its very original except now fitted with a WW1 Buda TM4 engine from a Nash Quad. I bought the lorry in the 1980s and sold it to a friend of mine who still owns it. It is with out doubt the oldest ( c1906) full size commercial vehicle in this country in original condition.Contact me through this email system and I will provide more information.

Richard Peskett.

I can confirm that there is one in existence here ,its very original except now fitted with a WW1 Buda TM4 engine from a Nash Quad. I bought the lorry in the 1980s and sold it to a friend of mine who still owns it. It is with out doubt the oldest ( c1906) full size commercial vehicle in this country in original condition.Contact me through this email system and I will provide more information.

Richard Peskett.

Hi,

Thanks for that. You can find me at johnmortimermsc@gmail.com and I will be grateful for any information or leads you can provide. Sounds interesting.

I have been searching for Cohendet links for ages but the roads always seem to lead to nowhere. But not this time

Tankchief