Hi, I am an automotive journalist. I was editor of The Engineer weekly news magazine from 1969 to 1980 before starting my own newsletter business...Auto Industry Newsletter. For many years I took a great interest in fighting vehicles, most notably battle tanks. Also I have a deep interest in gas turbine engines for vehicles and which I have studied for many years even though they have not come to pass.

My question...Does anyone know anything about Cohendet military trucks circa 1908 or thereabouts. I know they existed but have been able to find out very little about them. I think they had a front-mounted underfloor engine.

Does anyone know if there is a Cohedet vehicle in the UK, who owns it so that I can discover more about these vehicles which to me seem most elusive

Tankchief

Yes, one was imported into the UK by Goff Radcliffe many years ago.

The engine on Cohendets had a low tension ignition system with mechanically driven contact breakers within each cylinder and rather than a radiator a simple water tank was mounted where the radiator would be normally located.

Although I am not aware of them being a military vehicle I have seen a photo of one on trials by the French army.

Yes, one was imported into the UK by Goff Radcliffe many years ago.

The engine on Cohendets had a low tension ignition system with mechanically driven contact breakers within each cylinder and rather than a radiator a simple water tank was mounted where the radiator would be normally located.

Although I am not aware of them being a military vehicle I have seen a photo of one on trials by the French army.

Sorry, but I am new to the site. Is Goff Radcliffe well known in these circles? Is it easy to contact him via emails?

Tankchief