British WW2 Airborne Cart ?

Ian L

Looks like a laundry trolley from a hospital, the tyres may have a data stamp on them??

Dave

Hi Dave thats what I originally thought but why make it so light and flimsy with lashing loops on the hubs, quick release wheels and dark green paint ?

Hi Ian, I was also thinking it could be used for picking parachutes up off the battlefield????

Dave

Hi Dave that was one of my original thoughts too but surely they would just discard them on the battlefield or collect them in a 15cwt for instance ? juries still out at the moment I think ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Mystery solved, its a post war experimental mortar cart c1957 a forum member presented me with this photo at W&P.

Sorry about the poor quality but I took a photo of a photo, will scan the photo and post later.

DSC03185.JPG

DSC03184.JPG

DSC03183.JPG

DSC03182.JPG

Mystery solved, its a post war experimental mortar cart c1957 a forum member presented me with this photo at W&P.

Sorry about the poor quality but I took a photo of a photo, will scan the photo and post later.

Nice... perhaps mine is a similar experimental cart from around that time?

Does your source have any other info?

Cheers

Tim

Nice... perhaps mine is a similar experimental cart from around that time?

Does your source have any other info?

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim

Its does say they were testing 3 types of load carrying trolley so I guess yours might be one of the others as its very similar ?