Shuttleworth Collection VE Day airshow 3rd May 2015- Free entry for WW2 era MV's

spanter

Hello everyone I've been asked to put a request on here for WW2 era Military vehicles to display at the season opening airshow for the Shuttleworth Collection near Biggleswade in Bedfordshire, the deal I've managed to get agreed is for free entry to the airshow for every one in a pre-booked military vehicle (yes passengers included, but as it is a charity please try not to turn up with people hanging out of the rear bodies) More information about the airshow can be found here http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/premiere/ , all that is needed is to email kathryn.hale@shuttleworth for more info or to book in and if possible attach a picture of the vehicle you want to bring. Or drop me a PM for more information as well, I'm one of the volunteers on the aircraft and vehicles and we are trying to get a bigger presence of ground based attactions at the shows and I'll try to see if any possible to set up any photo opportunities as well.

Cheers and hope to see/hear from some of you soon.

Steve Panter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello just a quick bump up the listings, the collection are still looking for vehicles and their owners who would like to put on an educational display at the VE-Day themed airshow on the 3rd of May, they are offering free entrance for all the vehicle occupants, we have a few vehicles booked in but there is always room for more and I hope more of you will come forward as pre booking is needed for the free entrance.

Here are some pictures of other forum members vehicles during other visits

20140810_150928.jpg

For more information please pm me or email me at steven_panter@hotmail.com or contact the Collection direct on kathryn.hale@shuttleworth.org

20140629_110101.jpg

20140810_113717.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a bit more information about this airshow the website now has a provisional list of displaying aircraft click here for more info http://www.shuttleworth.org/events/premiere/

VISITING AIRCRAFT

• Swordfish
  • Buchon (Me109)
  • Mustang
  • Demon
  • Nimrod
  • Lancaster (BBMF)
  • Spitfire (BBMF)
  • Hurricane (BBMF)
  • Spitfire Display (BBMF)

COLLECTION AIRCRAFT

• WW2 Trainers: Tiger Moth, Hawker Tomtit, Po2, B2, Avro Tutor
  • Warbird: Sea Hurricane
  • Mediterranean Theatre: Storch, Gladiator
  • Hawker Trio: Hind, Demon
  • Transport: Anson
  • Glider: Eon Primary
  • WWI: Avro 504K, Sopwith Pup, Bristol F2b, Bristol M1C, SE5a, Sopwith Camel
  • Edwardians*: Avro Triplane, Bristol Boxkite, Blackburn Monoplane, Deperdussin, Bleriot

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just a quick reminder of the show and you need to be pre registered to get in so please contact us to get on the list, so far the British are matching the yanks so keep contacting us, hopefully I'll have the dodge back together in time after the #1 big end started to play loose on Saturday. CheersSteve

Just a note to say forms are being sent out to the vehicles already registered but we can still accept more if you contact myself at steven_panter@hotmail.com or contact the organisers at kathryn.hale@shuttleworth.org. Without being registered you would have to pay full admission to the show so please don't turn up on the day expecting free entry as chances are I'll have to ask you to pay or turn around which I don't want to do so please fill the forms in or contact us.

I look forward to seeing everyone who comes along and I hope everyone has a great day.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...