your one is bigger than my one :D

Nice shed you have there

Yep, the shed is nice...but is not mine...unfortunately.....:embarrassed:, belongs to the shop where I am doing the engine swap.

it´s big but not that BIG...:laugh: Yours is a hell of a nice truck too!

Edited by Skull Crusher

Very nice. Got any vids of it running?

Cheers,

Terry

It´s not running yet, the Yaz is shot to death...I am swapping in a Scania 112H 11L Turbo. Got some pics of the Yaz comming out. Also made the Scania run on the ground, out of the truck in order to check if all was fine before going in.

20150116_114428.jpg

20150116_105212.jpg

20150116_110018.jpg

20150116_110049.jpg

20150116_111115.jpg

20150116_111228.jpg

20150116_111233.jpg

20150116_113817.jpg

20150116_113910.jpg

20150116_114359.jpg

20150116_114415.jpg

Edited by Skull Crusher

wonder how the original engine got shot...low on oil or just hard work...

Yep, me too! I got the truck like it is, so no clues about how the Yaz was used and abused...:blush:

Inside the cabe, on the dash all data plates are in german, so I supposeit spent his life before coming to to Brazil in DDR.

What do you all think about it? Does make any sense?

All opinions are welcome!

Today more work done:

• got all the stuff that is not to be used and was on the firewall (some reservoirs, brackets, electrical cables and connections);
  • removed the old exaust system (will make it new anyway);
  • removed the steering box (it is in the way of the Scania starter, must use other steering system);

Well, that is all for today, more to come...

• 1 month later...

Inside the cabe, on the dash all data plates are in german, so I supposeit spent his life before coming to to Brazil in DDR.

What do you all think about it? Does make any sense?

All opinions are welcome!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100501[/ATTACH]

For the little that it is worth, I can confirm that your truck is likely to have been in service in the NVA of the DDR. Because the fitting pictured above (presumably for a rifle) is typical DDR

Hello, looking good. What are you going to replace the ram steering setup with?

Im thinking about changing mine also.

Hi up there!

I'm replacing mine with Valmet Orbitrol + steering ram. Just wonking on it right now. As soon as I have it working, I come to post some pics for you to check, may be it can be the solution to your truck too.

For the little that it is worth, I can confirm that your truck is likely to have been in service in the NVA of the DDR. Because the fitting pictured above (presumably for a rifle) is typical DDR

Thanks a lot for helping me out with that! I will try to dig a bit more into the NVA thing!

Hi up there!

I'm replacing mine with Valmet Orbitrol + steering ram. Just wonking on it right now. As soon as I have it working, I come to post some pics for you to check, may be it can be the solution to your truck too.

Hello,ok yes that would be useful!