Diamond T 980 and 981 75th Anniversary Gathering

Adrian

Looking at the possibility of organising a 75th Anniversary celebration in 2016 for the Diamond T 980 and 981 models (although the 4 ton chassis models will be welcome too). To gauge the level of interest who would be interested in participating? It is intended that we join the commercial or military sections of an existing show.

Proposed location would be central England (Worcestershire/Staffordshire area).

Thanks

Adrian.

Looking at the possibility of organising a 75th Anniversary celebration in 2016 for the Diamond T 980 and 981 models (although the 4 ton chassis models will be welcome too). To gauge the level of interest who would be interested in participating? It is intended that we join the commercial or military sections of an existing show.

Proposed location would be central England (Worcestershire/Staffordshire area).

Thanks

Adrian.

Hello Adrian

Please book me in and let me know if i can help as well, it will be great to get the "Heavies" together,

lets hope we can get support from ALL owners

regards

Steve

MACCDT

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Adrian for motivating what can be a sleepy audience this time of year :yawn: In hibernation mode ! I am sure some of us southern boys can attend , if you don't pick a venue too far from us. Here's wishing that the DERV prices keep dropping till then !! LOL

Yes I would defiantly attend an Anniversary Gathering in my 981

photo was taken on last years trip to Holland

Thanks Andy,

Great pic, thanks for posting.

The gathering should be a relatively short run for you :).

Speak soon,

Adrian.

Well done Adrian for motivating what can be a sleepy audience this time of year :yawn: In hibernation mode ! I am sure some of us southern boys can attend , if you don't pick a venue too far from us. Here's wishing that the DERV prices keep dropping till then !! LOL

Thanks John,

Giving everyone a years head start to prepare! It won't be too far north but I am looking at giving as many people a reasonable distance to travel. The 2011 gathering was superb but I know those up north had a long treck to contend with. my thoughts at the moment are North Cotswolds up to Birmingham. I suppose the ideal event would be Welland but not sure on how much extra capacity they could take on.

We shall see :-)

Speak soon,

Adrian.

Thanks Smithy/David,

All good ideas and certainly in the region of interest. I will shortly be phoning round to see whether there will be sufficient space at these events and if they would be happy for our group to tag on. I will keep you all updated,

Cheers,

A

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We have been to the Normandy 2014 anniversary with a group of 5 diamond M20 trucks and rogers trailers.

They are all based in Belgium. We would like to join the diamond gathering.

Is it possible to cross the channel and drive through Great Brittain with the diamond + rogers, do we need some special licences ?

Kind Regards.

Hello,

We have been to the Normandy 2014 anniversary with a group of 5 diamond M20 trucks and rogers trailers.

They are all based in Belgium. We would like to join the diamond gathering.

Is it possible to cross the channel and drive through Great Brittain with the diamond + rogers, do we need some special licences ?

Kind Regards.

Now that would be something to see.

I'm guessing two would be the ones pictured below which I stumbled across last year on the 6th June:

IMG_8225_zpsd07yvsk7.jpg

Scott

hi adrian, there are plenty of 980 & 981 diamonds up north so don't just look after the the southern softie's :cool2:. if its the midlands then it should be fair to everyone, glad to bring my 981 and will talk to dave weedon as his collection of diamonds gets bigger.

hi adrian, there are plenty of 980 & 981 diamonds up north so don't just look after the the southern softie's :cool2:. if its the midlands then it should be fair to everyone, glad to bring my 981 and will talk to dave weedon as his collection of diamonds gets bigger.

Hi ruggyjohn,

Precisely why the emphasis was on the midlands so all have a fair shot at getting there. the GDSF meet in 2011 was great but those up north had a bit of a long treck. We appear to have a good following so far and the numbers expected may dictate where we can go, although at the moment I think we are ok :-).

Cheers,

Adrian

Hello,

Yes we could set aside some space at Wartime in the Vale, Evesham. June 20 & 21.

Unfortunately I don't think Bloxham is taking place this year, which is a real shame as its been a great event.

Hi Papav66,

Great, thanks for your post :-) How many spaces do you think could be made available?

Cheers,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

Clearly at this stage we don't know how many might register/turn up but if numbers similar to GDSF we could allocate a plot of land as we are always tweaking the layout. But as it would be a new venue for Diamond T owners then perhaps 5-10 might be more realistic.

And will look at including own slot in arena schedule , as this would be quite a spectacle.

Arena is appx 120m x 90m with a couple of mounds of earth to make it more interesting.

If a few of you decide to attend I would periodically update the numbers here.

Cheers Paul

Edited by Papav66

as i am heavily involved with steam traction engines i have heard a lot of good things about Banbury but i have nether attended so it would be a very enjoyable first time visit if the DT gathering were to be held there. have just clocked the mileage on google maps to Banbury and it looks like a very pleasant 140 mile round trip for me.

still looking forward to attending this event.

cheers sam

as i am heavily involved with steam traction engines i have heard a lot of good things about Banbury but i have nether attended so it would be a very enjoyable first time visit if the DT gathering were to be held there. have just clocked the mileage on google maps to Banbury and it looks like a very pleasant 140 mile round trip for me.

still looking forward to attending this event.

cheers sam

It is a good show but the military section are not allocated much in the way of space, or at least they weren't when I attended about four years ago, perhaps a 100mv's then & I recall there was a very good turnout of Scammells especially as the section was managed by the Walter Family who have many MV's so you might have to ask for extra space.

Or as mentioned welcome to attend Evesham or good if someone did a recce of both events.

Round trip to Devizes to Evesham app 114 miles.

cheers Paul