T-36 Radio equipment help needed please

Gordon_M

My 1944 T-36 Snow Tractor, one of four known survivors, needs some bits and pieces associated with the SCR-187 radio which was original fitment, and where better to ask than here as my knowledge of radio equipment isn’t that great.

My cab still has the T-36 radio socket mounting plate;

t36radiosocket.jpg

… and I have an image of the socket sitting loose on another survivor, it is rectangular, with a screw on cap, and looks to be 2-pole from a poor interior shot which isn’t worth reproducing here;

t36socket2.jpg

… hole centers 1 11/16” horizontally and 3 ¼” vertically. Anybody got one or know what it is? Sockets like this are not uncommon but all the ones I can find are square rather than rectangular.

Finally, can anyone point me at the radio mounting bracket which would have mounted the SCR-187 to the top of this bracket, on the left side of the cab;

t3600078.jpg

There are a handful of images on my T-36 page here;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/t36.htm

… showing survivors and how it looked originally.

All help appreciated, any bits would need posting to me here in Scotland

Gordon@Dodge.org.uk

• 9 months later...

Another weekend tinkering with the SCR-187 stuff. As usual the harder you look the more bits you find wrong, or missing;

Apart from the Russell Electric Co or Webster-Chicago BD-24 Dynamotor ( for the BC-224 Receiver ) and the BC-309 Radio Control box, which are the only substantial parts still missing, I have identified three bits still to find for the BC-191-F Transmitter too, one mounting and two cover plates.

Cover plates first. I don't yet have the small detachable panel for the right hand side of the top plate, or the insulator panel for the main output terminal cover plate that goes on the right hand side panel next to it. Both would be about 8" long, with the top plate panel 4 or 5 inches wide and the output terminal panel 3" wide.

file.php?id=75266BC-191-MISSING-PARTS.jpg (32.65 KiB) Viewed 1 time

In addition to those two outer panels, I have now discovered that the main mounting plate for the output sockets is missing. I now have the output plugs and sockets, thanks to contributors on here, but I need this socket mounting plate - anyone have a spare?

file.php?id=75267

file.php?id=75268BC191_SOCKET_PLATE.jpg (157.1 KiB) Viewed 1 time

The plan at the minute is to get the BC-224-F Receiver off for restoration as soon as I can find the remaining missing part, the BD-24 Dynamotor. Getting anything done with the BC-191-F is further down the line as I'm not sure what internal components are still missing - I'll tackle that when the Receiver is done and I have all the obvious bits of the Transmitter. Anyone have a BC-191 carcass they are never going to use?