shipping to Canada?

Dan Glanville

Hi,

Are you exporting or importing? There will be controlled goods paper required and end user certs on both ends to be looked at, and of course, nothing gets into Canada without being fully steam cleaned. If its not done in the UK, you will be charged here at the import terminal (last one we did, was 1,400.00 CDN !!)

And to Bobs comment, yes, we have used Bobs's services for shipping, and were quite happy with the results.

Cheers,

Nick

CWC Canada

I shipped last two year several pallets with kit too canada. No problem but takes months to get license. Even for a old not working 19set you need a strategic goods export license just that one takes 2 months. But first thing you need is an import license before you can apply for an export license. This is all for the netherland i don't belief it will be much different for the UK.

I'm just sending some feelers out there as to suggestions, experiences cost estimates and things to look out for. I am aware of most of the rules and regulations required here in Canada as to importing but doing a little more homework to minimize my suprises.

Hi Dan,

where are you in Canada, there are some good support people around, depending where you are. Robin, care to chime in?

cheers

Nick

CWC Canada

Dan,

Sorry I have been without comms and also sick.

Bob Grundy does sterling work on the export paperwork end, he has done many vehicles and many parts shipment for many people.

The import at this end is a subject we have had before.

I have the name of a shipper that Bob will also give you.

I will try to get a hold of you in the coming days now I have comms again.

R

Thanks Bob, I did receive your pm. I replied but not sure if it went through. Doesnt seem to show in my sent file.

I have a reputable advisor in Ontario that has been guiding me with some of this and your name has come up in our conversations so I will keep in contact with you shortly into the knew year.

Thanks

I am reluctant for a number of reasons to post too much about the import to Canada side of this thread.

Should any person (outside of Dan, as I know him) want any info then please email me (NOT PM) and be prepared to give me your phone number and some references as to who you are before I will talk to you.

There is much myth and bull#$%^@ surrounding this subject like a really bad halo.

There are way too many armchair Generals on this and other forums who stir up way too much aggravation for the rest of us.

I can get wound up and spin very quickly on this subject, some write about subjects, others actually do it.

Otherwise, in short, for the casual observer of this thread, military vehicles can be imported to Canada not a problem.

Robin

Dan,

Do your homework, get the proper paperwork on both ends. With the permits in place, importation is quite simple. Vehicle cleanliness is very important coming into Canada, from across the pond or from the U.S. No need for aggravation. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Perry