Auction of 30 years of collecting military vehicles

johnwardle

image.jpgComing up at end of Feb/ beginning of March in Wiltshire auction of some very rare Military Vehicles, including a USMC International 1 1/2 ton, 1 of only 2 known, A unique Alvis Runway Surface Friction Tester, 2 Half Sized AEC Matadors, hard & soft cab Diamond T 981s Rogers Trailer, Scamell Explorer with Meadow petrol engine, very low mileage AEC Matador, 5.5inch gun, FH70 Howitzer, Foden FH70 Limber, Humber Pigs, Saracens, various Land Rovers including Piglets. More details to follow when the auction date is confirmed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by johnwardle
Photos added

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to workout how far I would have to push this wheelbarrow :-D

Do some of these Saracens & Pigs have blue crosses painted on the front by any chance?

Not quite as far as you brought the Shorland in mid August. I haven't seen any blue crosses on the front as they are towards the back of the yard and there are over 100 vehicles in the yard.

Edited by johnwardle

There are 6 to choose from Terry including at least 1 Flying Pig. Postage may kill the deal though.

The Flying Pig is my favourite! Shipping is always a killer, but you kind of have to get used to that, living in Australia.

Cheers,

Terry

Hi guy's thanks for info,i have had the vehicle parked in my yard for several years now,it has NASA ,wallops island Viginia USA stenciled on both sides of it and ministry of aviation on both doors,can anyone shed any light on the NASA part of it's life. thank's neil.

Well then, I guess we know who's collection is being sold now.

Cheers,

Terry

Well then, I guess we know who's collection is being sold now.

Cheers,

Terry

Correct Terry, unfortunately there isn't a prize, the owner of the yard is selling it for a housing development, and Neil is concentrating on other business interests like his pub.

There are 6 to choose from Terry including at least 1 Flying Pig.
I suspect one of them may have no rear doors or at least wooden ones. As it happens I do a spare pair of Mk 2 rear doors that came from another Pig, if anyone needs them :-D

I suspect one of them may have no rear doors or at least wooden ones. As it happens I do a spare pair of Mk 2 rear doors that came from another Pig, if anyone needs them :-D

I'm going over to the yard tomorrow to take some photos, I'll go armed with a magnet and a woodworm and see which is attracted to the rear doors.

Good man! Pictures that include registrations would be of enormous interest John :-D

It appears that I was misled about the amount of Humber Pigs that Neil had, there is a complete Flying Pig and an incomplete Pig Ambulance, There is a complete Piglet and about 6 sets of armour that were removed from Piglets.

image.jpg

As you can see from the photos it has steel doors, and although the wings are missing the mountings and stays are there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg