Austin K2 serial number

ww2rupert

the no2 key cards were for use to record wartime vehicles that stayed in service after 1949 when they were given a new type of form numbering using the two number two letter two number the no2 key card was replaced by the form 419 B

which gives the details of a single vehicle were as the no2 key card has the details of several vehicles up to 32 These cards were kept by the military at chetwyn barracks and had details of there location at the time of there sale be it in BAOR or else where in the world there was no no1 keycard before l started collecting these documents some had been disposed of there are some that are to come to light this is as short as l can answer your question as it would take to long to explain the in s and out s

WALLY

[i just wondered if anyone has any info on the serial number on my Austin K2 GS lorry, it was rebuilt in 1952 and the number is 38 RU 76 chassis number 47122, does this mean anything to anyone?/QUOTE]

I have chassis number 47122 as being part of a block of 1000 Austin K2/YV series 43a towing vehicles for the fire service on contract number S.708 which doesn't seem to relate to a GS lorry with an army registration?

Dusty