Hello from gloucestershire

NIGELCOXY

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Nigel, so two Mk2 Pigs. Look forward to seeing pictures & hearing if there are any differences you have noticed between them.

I have looked through my lists for pictures of 05 BK 18 & 27 BK 99 but nothing I'm afraid. I own 27 BT 95 seemingly close to yours but is actually far removed.

Welcome Nigel, so two Mk2 Pigs. Look forward to seeing pictures & hearing if there are any differences you have noticed between them. I have looked through my lists for pictures of 05 BK 18 & 27 BK 99 but nothing I'm afraid. I own 27 BT 95 seemingly close to yours but is actually far removed.
Thanks to everyone for the kind welcome messages,05BK18 has been uparmoured compared to 27BK99 Clive and both have very stiff steering.I managed to save 05BK18 from the scrap yard and have finally got it running but only on 3 cylinders at the moment.

Ok Nigel the Chilwell register shows that 27 BK 99 was a Mk 2 Flying Pig, so I assume someone divested it to some degree. Anyway photos would show what's happened.

As for the stiff steering. Might sound a silly question but are you sure you have adequate air pressure in the front tyres? It can be misleading looking at run flats! Should be 25psi for a Mk 1 & 30psi for Mk2.

Yes its amazing how well it can sound even on 3 cylinders!

Ok Nigel the Chilwell register shows that 27 BK 99 was a Mk 2 Flying Pig, so I assume someone divested it to some degree. Anyway photos would show what's happened.As for the stiff steering. Might sound a silly question but are you sure you have adequate air pressure in the front tyres? It can be misleading looking at run flats! Should be 25psi for a Mk 1 & 30psi for Mk2.Yes its amazing how well it can sound even on 3 cylinders!
Hi Clive,yes have checked tyre pressures and they are correct,trying to put up photos without any success so any help would be appreciated.

Ok Nigel it's just that I once was caught out with peculiar steering until I realised the problem.

As for photos either use a photo hosting site like Photobucket & paste the link. Or if you are not used to that post the images direct on here.

Go to the Reply with Quote or Add Comment & scroll down click on Manage Attachments

Click that, click Add Files

Click Basic Uploader

Then click Browse so select image from your PC

Then Add File

Then + if you want to add more (up to 5 at a time I think)

Then Upload, there will be a delay when this happens. If the the image is large don't worry it will be trimmed to about 250kb I think

A thumbnail at the bottom will appear when this is done

Then click Insert in Line with a number of images uploaded in brackets.

Click this & number changes to (0) then click Done

You will find the image link within the site at the end of you message. I tend to press the return key twice just to get the images on a separate line & spaced a little.

Ok Nigel it's just that I once was caught out with peculiar steering until I realised the problem.As for photos either use a photo hosting site like Photobucket & paste the link. Or if you are not used to that post the images direct on here.Go to the Reply with Quote or Add Comment & scroll down click on Manage AttachmentsClick that, click Add FilesClick Basic UploaderThen click Browse so select image from your PCThen Add FileThen + if you want to add more (up to 5 at a time I think)Then Upload, there will be a delay when this happens. If the the image is large don't worry it will be trimmed to about 250kb I thinkA thumbnail at the bottom will appear when this is done Then click Insert in Line with a number of images uploaded in brackets. Click this & number changes to (0) then click DoneYou will find the image link within the site at the end of you message. I tend to press the return key twice just to get the images on a separate line & spaced a little.
Thanks Clive.

hi all,finally managed to activate my account,i am the owner of 2 humber pigs,27bk99 and 05bk18 and landrover piglet 31hf09 and look forward to learning from you all on the restoration of my vehicles.i will post pictures soon.nigel.

hopefully these pictures will come out!

HPIM2580.jpg

Thank you for posting those Nigel. I've photoshopped it to give:

HPIM2579.jpg

This is 27BK99 I assume, which in normal parlance is a Mk 2. I suspect you said it was a Mk 1 based on the body contract plate above the mesh cable protector in the cab below the passenger window. That relates to the original conversion to a Pig in 1959-60. Normally this would be covered up by the front scuttle armour in a Mk 2. The Mk 2 plate, which is larger, would be in the vicinity of the driver, these plates tend to get nicked at an early stage.

(Wayne is probably chuckling because to complicate things further some Mk 1 Pigs that were never up-armoured to Mk 2 status but have the original cab plate stamped as Mk 2. More commonly no Mk is stamped. The reason is that the original Mk 1 was actually the FV1609, the production Pigs FV1611 & FV1612 were the real Mk 2. But when the MOD proceeded in Op Bracelet to up-armour the Pigs they didn't realise this & designated these modified Pigs as Mk 2 whereas they should have designated them Mk 3)

Probably best to ignore the last paragraph as it makes life easier :D