Hello from former RAF Upper Heyford

RAFUHHC

Hi folks,

Chris here from Upper Heyford, former home of the 20th Tactical Fighter Wing and the F-111E. I am part of a volunteer led Heritage Team and also a Director on the board of the Non-Profit company we have set up working with the owners of the site, English Heritage and the local Council in establishing a dedicated Heritage Centre as part of the redevelopment of the overall site. All still work in progress I'm afraid but the final stages of the planning approval from the Council is almost there. As soon as we have this we have 15 months to get the centre sorted so busy times ahead!

Anybody interested in visiting us they can as we currently conduct Airfield Tours on a pre booked basis from April - November. [see the attached Facebook link for those who want to see what we get up to]

https://www.facebook.com/rafuhhc

Anyways, I've just purchased a winch model RB44 for running around on the former base. I am new to the military Vehicle scene although always loved it, no doubt I will call on your expertise from time to time.

DSC_0406.jpg

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris welcome along, there are quite a few of us in your area that belong to the MVT (military vehicle trust) and meet once a month at Hock Norton Brewery. we organise quite a few events throughout the year so I suspect a visit to the base will be high on the agenda.

I will pass it on to Tim although I suspect he may read this anyway, regards Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes drop me an email at chris.prescott@rafuhhc.org.uk some of our team would be interested in meeting up over 'Hooky' at some point and letting you guys know what we're doing over at Heyford. Already I can see possible MVT plans for the future!

Hi Chris we meet last Thursday of the month (27th this month) get there before 19:30 if you want a seat as we regularly have 30+