WW2 British/Canadian rare scrap yard haul

happydayz123

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be really precise, that wartime number is it second number as it comes from a group of numbers allocated to Rebuilt vehicles. Given that the contract number is V4924, it would have originally been issued with a number from the group L559110 to 562075 allocated to that contract. This means that it has gone through a rebuild and given a new identity, the original number will not be on the Key Card.

Just found some interesting info, regarding the Bedord QLT I have.

WD no ooyy45 3/07/42, chassis no 13914, L1711494, contract V4924, disposed at Ashchurch July 1961

stored at Ruddington

Interesting to see the CES crate for this vehicle in the photos of the bits & pieces:

attachment.php?attachmentid=98584&d=1416258026

Is all the equipment for the vehicle still in there?

The QLT marked box is empty, c/w lid. Is for sale if anyone's interested, make me an offer ?

Both trailers pictured, in Ian's post are sold.

The Complete QLR pictured & a QLT plus nos spares inc wings, windows & frames, doors, fuel tanks etc etc are for sale as one lot.

£3,000

cheers

stu

The QLT marked box is empty, c/w lid. Is for sale if anyone's interested, make me an offer ?

Both trailers pictured, in Ian's post are sold.

The Complete QLR pictured & a QLT plus nos spares inc wings, windows & frames, doors, fuel tanks etc etc are for sale as one lot.

£3,000

cheers

stu

Hi Stu thanks for the K5 parts, that's a really nice engine panel with brass wiring diagram. cheers

This is amazing, some sort of compressor/welding engineers trailer ? a time capsule, all complete inside, very restorable.

That is a Servicing trailer, it has the compressor and air operated lubricating equipment, you can see the hose reels for oil and grease guns. IIRC there was a washing plant on wheels in the front of the body and a ramp to offload it.

Edited by Richard Farrant

• 4 years later...

I see a picture of a lubrication trailer.Workshop Servicing No3

Do you still have it around or have contact with new owner?

I have one the same here in New Zealand but it's missing a lot of the internals like pipework, compressor, tank and engine.

I would like to see lots of photos of the interior so I can make out what all the parts are, what type of engine runs what type of compressor , how the pipework was fitted and terminated.

My trailer had one hose rack, some grease pots, a lubrication chart file holder and a handle that allows operator to move trailer by hand but very little left of internal details