WW2 British/Canadian rare scrap yard haul

happydayz123

Great news ! I've managed to save, all the ww2 British/Canadian vehicles from a Leeds scrap yard. The scrap yard, had only days to clear the site before, the new owners Audi cleared it. The hoard comprised of, three Bedford QLs. Bedford Trooper, QLR & a rare QL Tipper, Fordson Wot 6 & a Canadian Ford F15A 2 x trailers 1944 totally complete lubrication trailer & a complete Coventry climax fire pump. Plus a huge amount of nos spare parts, inc new engines for Bedford MW, QL doors, wings, mudflaps, canvases, seats, windscreens, engine spares, jerry cans & ammo boxes inc some wooden lee Enfield rifle boxes etc etc. All the vehicles, are very complete, with all data plates, brackets, clocks, original bodies etc present. The QLR is very complete, with all its fixtures & fittings inc the roof mounted aerial mounts. Sadly the body has collapsed, under its own weight. Hopefully with the many spares, some of the above vehicles, could be restored.

Regards

stu

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol Craig ! All the parts are Bedford QL & a few Wot 6 parts. The only MW parts are NOS engines. Obviously I'm sure there will be some cross over between MW & QL parts ?? Sadly I don't know how to upload pics. More than happy, to email pics to someone who can upload them, for the forum members. There's so many parts to identify, it's hard for me know what's what. New parts found are nos QL tarp covers.

Stu

Basically I'm wanting to sell the QL Tipper, QLR & the Wot 6 as complete restoration projects. What way they have a lot better chance, of being saved. Which is the main reason I saved them in the first place. Once these vehicles, have been sold, ill sort the parts out. Overwise ill end up with aload of scrap vehicles. The Bedford QLR, Besford Tipper & the Wot 6 are very complete vehicles with bodies. Plus a lot of spares, to back them up with. If anyone is interested, in any of the above, please contact me at stuart.wright@hotmail.co.uk

cheers

stu

I did indeed !

Hanno has kindly offered, to put a load of pics of the scrap yard vehicles plus spare parts, up on the forum for everyone to enjoy. This is by no means all the spare parts, having just found some nos Bedford QL windscreens & manifolds. Serious interested parties, can view the vehicles, by prior appointment. And don't forgot, we have a lot of spare parts for the QLs. Inc Nos windscreens, wings, mudflaps, doors, 11.0 x 20 tires on rims etc etc.

Cheers

stu