More problems with IWM as library is to close

That £21m used on an unnecessary makeover of the IWM was a total waste, as are many other lottery backed schemes with museums across the UK. It's as if they see pound signs and lose all track of what a museum is about. They either build a fantastically expense and ugly structure shaped like a donut or use millions on a well loved museum for no logical reason. Following that they then fill the place with TV screens and interactive displays, in which case I could stay home and go on the web! Honestly I don't know where they get these museum directors from. It's happened in so many museums across the UK. They are guardians of our heritage and they have no right to put the archives in danger.

As someone said its all about the architects not the artefacts!

Perversely its because many museums are free to enter that we end up having to pay much more in the future to pick up the costs. Millions of tourists visit each year and I don't think £1 to enter would be too much to ask; except of course if the Accountants say each £1 will cost £1.10 to pay in to the Bank!

Give up now you will never win against people like this, or against people who put speed bumps on main arterial roads, or who have you sitting at red traffic lights on deserted roads at 1 am- when the concept of flashing amber 'go if its clear' traffic signals have been used in Europe for decades!