Munga 4

ruston

Hi, I wish to restore the fuel system on my ex Dutch military munga.

Could some kind soul explain where the two fuel lines go to after they leave the petrol tank and how they connect to the

fuel pump and carburetter.

Thanks.

A line goes directly to the fuel tap, then go to the fuel pump in the engine compartment, the second line to the hand pump, located under the driver's seat, from here to the pump.

Of the pump line goes to the carburetter.

Please let me know the chassis Number for more information about the car.

Any parts wishes??

Ullrich

A line goes directly to the fuel tap, then go to the fuel pump in the engine compartment, the second line to the hand pump, located under the driver's seat, from here to the pump.

Of the pump line goes to the carburetter.

Please let me know the chassis Number for more information about the car.

Any parts wishes??

Ullrich

Hi, thanks for your post. Chassis no. is 3038023431. Bulkhead plate stamped 1965. First reg. in UK in 1979 - Reg. doc.says " Vehicle was reg / used overseas. Declared manufactured 1965." I understand it was imported as part of a batch from Holland in 1979. Details subsequently confirmed by Military Vehicle Trust.

With regards to your fuel line info - the main line is from the petrol tank, to the tap, then to the 24 volt pump and then to the carb'.

The second line is from the tank,to the hand pump and then finishes, open ended, in the engine bay.

I assume it must go to the outlet side of the pump and be connected there, somehow, to the line that feeds the carb'.

I am not certain that the pump is the original. Should there be a fitting where both lines connect together ?

okay,

the Munga has been produced for the Dutch Army, in January 1965th

He was equipped with a 24 Volt, the color was olive green, RAL 6014th

Do you have any spare parts catalog, not a Workshop Manual?

Can I upload pictures here? otherwise please private E-Mail, then I will send pictures.

From the hand pump, the line also goes to the electric fuel pump.

Here is a diagram of upstream valve.

Of the electric fuel pump line then goes to the carburetor.

Is the fresh oil, mounted automatic? Then of course is slightly different.

With the exception of the parts for the fresh oil automatic I have a lot of the parts, new and used.

okay,

the Munga has been produced for the Dutch Army, in January 1965th

He was equipped with a 24 Volt, the color was olive green, RAL 6014th

Do you have any spare parts catalog, not a Workshop Manual?

Can I upload pictures here? otherwise please private E-Mail, then I will send pictures.

From the hand pump, the line also goes to the electric fuel pump.

Here is a diagram of upstream valve.

Of the electric fuel pump line then goes to the carburetor.

Is the fresh oil, mounted automatic? Then of course is slightly different.

With the exception of the parts for the fresh oil automatic I have a lot of the parts, new and used.

Hi, Have tried unsuccessfully to p/m you. Please upload photo's here.

Thanks, Keith.

• 11 months later...

I too am puzzling the fuel lines. I have the Bendix electric pump and 2 lines feed into it using a double banjo fitting. I assume one line is direct from fuel tank and one comes from the manual primer under the seat. However on the outlet of the pump is a 4cm diameter casting that looks like it may be a pressure regulator. It has a small open vent line pointing downwards. Can I do away with this casting? Is it actually a pressure regulator or what does it do? My selection of Munga literature is slim and only shows the early mechanical fuel pump. Any advice?? Thanks, Brian in Canada

I removed the cast unit from the output of the electric fuel pump. It was causing fuel blockage but after a soaking in carb cleaner overnight it became more obvious that it is a check valve to prevent back-flow of the fuel from the carb. I will treat it with suspicion and will remove it if it blocks-up again. I have also blocked the line that comes from the manual primer under the seat: with an electric fuel pump it is not necessary. Next problem: get the engine to run smoothly and consistently at idle. If anyone wants a photo of the original set-up for the double line input to the electric fuel pump and the check valve on the output then PM me and I send a photo. Haven't investigated posting a photo on the forum yet.