Modern equivalent for a Telca filter

Try the link below, Tony, needs a bit of work from yourself but there's a good chance you will get something suitable. I found a BMW 5 series oil filter that fits as a fuel filter on my militant.

Go into the tab "Filter type and shape" this will take you to "type" of filter page, click on the picture that looks most like your filter, and again on the next page. You should then see a selection of available filters with dimensions. Pick the one that matches your dimensions and off you go.

Any good motor factors should be able to get Coopers filters or an equivalent match

http://www.coopersfiaam.com/en/catalogue/online-catalogue.html

Anyone know where I might be able to find if there is a modern equivalent for a Telca FG1368 oil filter?

Looking at a cross reference list in an AC Filters catalogue from 1970 and that number is not shown under Tecalemit, although some others prefixed FG are. It would help if you said what vehicle or engine it is for.

Try

ian@classic-spares.co.uk

Parts and filters for hundreds of classic cars and trucks.

He might know an equivalent.

There's CLASSIC FILTERS 01634 724224

They can manufacture filters to pattern, or maybe match your old one to a new unit!

Daft question, but I'm presuming you have been intouch with the MG and WOLSLEY owners clubs? They carry spares and will have technical guru's there!!

Good luck

Paul

Thanks for the help Rob and Richard. The filter is for the Wolosely or the MGVA engine. Long and narow. Engine curently in for the bottom end to be done.

Tony,

Nearest link I can find in AC catalogue is:

Wolseley - Early models, to 1949

AC34A

Outside diam. 2.87"

Inside diam. 1.312"

Length 6.07"

check these measurements on the old one to confirm

This is same as some early Jaguars and here is a link;

http://www.jagspares.co.uk/Manners/partdetailalternate.asp?partno=AC34A

Richard, Phil is going to e mail on Monday and get one. As you say for £6 well worth the punt. MF, as long as it works! The important thing is the vehicle runs, if conversion or mods nessacary so be it. The engine is in for a bottom end rebuild at present, so will be out for most of the winter. Time to start on the other bits that are now easier to get at.

Update and hopefully problems soved. Richard , the Jag filter is slightly to long, but cut down with a clip to hold it the fit is fine in the canister. MF the conversion is the current route. The oil filter head for a screw on catridges that was fitted to the old B series engines like the Mini, A40 and dear old Moggy Minor, bolts straight on and as a bonus fits all the original Wolosley plumbing. The other nice thing, to revert to original is only three bolts and about ten minutes work. The one thing that may be a problem is when the engine is all back together, it is curently having the white metal work done on it, there may be a spacer needed to clear the sump as it stands out from the back of the engine on the left side.