DPM SMOCK AND JACKET id please

austromunga

Here are a couple of DPM items I picked up today in a local charity shop for a fiver each!!!!

the right-hand one in first pic is well worn but still very useable and has a flap at the rear

the left-hand one is in excellent/very light use condition and has newer type buttons.... both have marks to sleeves where insignia used to be (see photos)

IMAG0722.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0729.jpg

IMAG0734.jpg

IMAG0733.jpg

IMAG0731.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

The blue-green older one is a 1968 pattern combat smock, identifiable from buttons on the cuffs (later ones have velcro), probably about 30 years old, in Size 04 which I believe is a special Gurkha size. The one with the taped-on buttons is from 2000-ish, a bit late for me to be sure but I presume it's Soldier 95 clothing.

Thanks for the info!!!... interesting about the Ghurka connection too!!! Today I found a pair of coveralls combat crewman's in olive green not dpm, in unissued condition paid £8 for em!!! I have been sorting out a few other items I have bought from charity/curio shops over the years which are not my really my interest, which is post war Austrian and also post war German!!! ..not so much of that in charity shops over here tho!! although I did find my first Austrian dot camo jacket in one a few years back, which started off my collection which is now a little out of control as I must have 30 odd jackets/parkas now!!! but that's another story!!!!!... and probably not one for here as 99.9 % of posts seem to be British army togs!!! anyway here's some pics, found a later type 80's smock which I think I paid £3 for ( I paid £1 for the tri colour U.S. Air force jacket...absolute bargain and badged too!!!) paid £15 for the desert dpm S.A.S. smock prolly going rate but its a really nice one!!!!.

IMAG0745.jpg

IMAG0746.jpg

IMAG0765.jpg

IMAG0767.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

The older 1968 Pattern smock was produced (initially) in a full size range from 01 to 09 for Gurkha troops (as was the 60 pattern before it), the garments having the prefix "G" (for Gurkha) in front of the sizing number and a different NSN range too........trousers also manufactured in Gurkha sizes..............

But, by the late 1970s the old Gurkha range was discontinued as unnecessary, although the previous Gurkha size range of 01 to 04 was retained, no doubt to continue issue to some Gurkha's and WRAC whom were by then also issued with DPM.........

The smock shown looks to be a later issue on account of the labeling and colour print, zipper, etc, so not a true "Gurkha" intended item here.......

Wow ok thanks!!! you people really know your stuff!! now would any one be interested in me posting pics of my collection of late 50's to mid 70's (that's how long the dot camo production run lasted!!) Austrian army dot camo fatigues???? on a different thread of course!!;)

• 2 weeks later...

More finds from toot shop land!!!

this time its a pair of 68' pattern combat trousers in unissued condition!!! (they still have loose threads everywhere!!) also loads chalk marks where the pockets etc were to be attached, and either a date completed or the seamstress name chalked on!!! so I wont be washing these then!!!!!! oh also can you tell me... is the colour bleed/change on the green print normal as my 68 patt smock is not like this???? although it is old and worn so may have lost it!!???

oh cost me £4;)

IMAG0790.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0801.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

IMAG0802.jpg

More finds from toot shop land!!!

this time its a pair of 68' pattern combat trousers in unissued condition!!! (they still have loose threads everywhere!!) also loads chalk marks where the pockets etc were to be attached, and either a date completed or the seamstress name chalked on!!! so I wont be washing these then!!!!!! oh also can you tell me... is the colour bleed/change on the green print normal as my 68 patt smock is not like this???? although it is old and worn so may have lost it!!???

oh cost me £4;)

Nice strides, beautiful condition and a great price! Yes that colour style is normal for 68 trousers of that type/era - although there were variations (hence your smock may differ slightly in pattern - even if made at a similar time).

• 3 weeks later...