Diamond T Wiring Harness

mullvane

• 2 weeks later...

I must caution you against VWoM. All you are getting is the braiding. The connectors are 100% wrong. I posted my review of a G506 harness on http://www.tm9-801.com and mentioned that the connectors were a HUGE disappointment (Chinese made and $0.01 each) on a $1300 harness.

Got a call from the owner and he basically said 'yeah.. so what'.

If you have and original harness send it to a shop that can make a new one and reuse the connectors. It *WILL* be cheaper. Most places charge less than $5/foot to braid, and wires are about $1/ft

The VWoM braiding was fine, although the braided pigtails were a lot shorter than NOS, they are OK. Nothing that any other shop cannot do. Heck I cna even show you a guy that has braiders in stock for $150 each. I have two.

But if you have no original to pattern off of, then you are kinda stuck with VWoM... not many shops will have WWII MV patterns... although some so.

Vintage Wiring of Maine did my wiring harness for 969A , using a NOS rear harness and an original dash harness I supplied as a pattern. The are only 2 harnesses on a 969A, along with the 2 headlight pigtails and the generator to voltage regulator harness. The pigtail harness for the headlights was to short but that was corrected, as the pigtail given to him by me was to short. Highly recommended.

John G

Care to say how much it cost?

Were the connectors original or modern?

VWoM does OK work.. nothing that any other braider cannot do.

The only distinguishing factor being he has diagrams for MVs. But if you have an original harness... nothing special.