Goodwood revival

guykay

Went to Goodwood last weekend for the revival meeting. Fantastic as usual, with the added pleasure if a load of MV's in the infield. They all paraded around the track on Sunday, even the M10. The programme suggested there was supposed to be more tracked armour supplied by Cadman bros, but none appeared, anybody got any idea what happened to them. Shame really, as it was a fantastic stage to show off our "hobby" to a wider stage.

I was there with my QLR, really enjoyed the show and the hospitality. I have been before but never been involved, great fun and the attention detail is great.

Only issue was brewing up on the way home, the old girl doesn't like those big long hills on the A27. And have to say thanks to the couple who stopped in the RAF livery Scammell R100, very nice of them!

By invitation only. In the case of MVs for this year's parade, one of the Goodwood organisers made an invitation via HMVF, IMPS and other bodies to find enough military vehicles. Sadly a few could not attend but it was a terrific sight, One of the staff said that it was without doubt the most spectacular convoy to date. It was a great privilege to participate in this event which almost certainly will not be repeated - at least not with 23 veterans in attendance.

Edit: oh yes - and not with a couple of Lancasters circling overhead!

Edited by N.O.S.

By invitation only. In the case of MVs for this year's parade, one of the Goodwood organisers made an invitation via HMVF, IMPS and other bodies to find enough military vehicles. Sadly a few could not attend but it was a terrific sight, One of the staff said that it was without doubt the most spectacular convoy to date. It was a great privilege to participate in this event which almost certainly will not be repeated - at least not with 23 veterans in attendance.

Edit: oh yes - and not with a couple of Lancasters circling overhead!

Totally agree with the above, fantastic experience!

​A real privilege to be involved at the Goodwood Revival this year. Here are a range of photos....

The item being loaded into my Airborne trailer is a spare GT40 Gearbox (worth a fortune as I'm told the car is £4M), before we took it up to the circuit.

I've been involved in several parades over the years, ranging from 1995 Tribute and Promise in the Mall to Bayeux this June, but there was something special and very moving about yesterday. A unique event that Goodwood are not planning to repeat.

I was fortunate to be one able to provide and drive one of the 23 Jeeps taking the veterans around the circuit.

"My" veteran, Charlie, was a leading seamen who saw the Atlantic Convoys and landed on Sword on 6th June in an LST. He was amazed at the number of spectators who lined the whole track and applauded the veterans as we drove them round.

IMG_7772 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7000 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_7699 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7701 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7738 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7739 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7743 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7753 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7758 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7759 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7769 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_7771 (1024x768).jpg

We were there. As usual we were part of the set dressing around by the VIP area (best to Stonehenge!) sadly we were all lined up ready to join the convoy when some ****** from Goodwood said it was to complicated for us to drive through the holding area and onto the track to join in!!!!!!!! Bitterly disappointed but we did hot foot it round to the start/finish line and watched you all drive past!!!! It was spectacular. Especially with the 2 lancs!!!!

. They all paraded around the track on Sunday, even the M10. The programme suggested there was supposed to be more tracked armour supplied by Cadman bros, but none appeared, anybody got any idea what happened to them. Shame really, as it was a fantastic stage to show off our "hobby" to a wider stage.

The M10 that was booked in was mine, but I didn't take it due to the fact my new tracks ive brought havnt turned up and my existing rubber tracks on it would have damaged the race track , I did suggest it would still make a good static exhibit but they decided they didn't want that and I took 2 halftracks instead . The tank that did attend was a M18 Hellcat not a Sherman as mentioned on the Goodwood website . Maybe the reason Rex did not attend with his M10 or Barv was done to his tracks !!! and nothing else .