Transport needed Calais to Dover

Neilik15

Hi I've brought a scammell pioneer from Belgium in the deal I've managed to get it transported to Calais as port of but now I'm stuck I've got to get it over the water this month. I live just outside Dover between canterbury and Dover. Has any one got means of transporting It for me at a cost obviously. It does drive but has no brakes, maybe it could be towed with on a bar as it's only on the boat and then 4 miles inland .

If any one can help PM me please rgds Neil

Hi I've brought a scammell pioneer from Belgium in the deal I've managed to get it transported to Calais as port of but now I'm stuck I've got to get it over the water this month. I live just outside Dover between canterbury and Dover. Has any one got means of transporting It for me at a cost obviously. It does drive but has no brakes, maybe it could be towed with on a bar as it's only on the boat and then 4 miles inland .

If any one can help PM me please rgds Neil

Neil...I am sure we could help if you get totally stuck, bar-ing it would work...but we have to get it over to calais and then bring it back, could we not get it on the boat and then tow it from here..does the hand brake work...at least then we could move it slowly...then we could haul it easily to your place...I have a daf drops which would tow it easily...and a foden gs that can carry 20 tons if needed...I am in Guildford, but I am sure some one more local could help out...

as I say if you get totally stuffed let me know

Paul