Pioneer chassis number help

Neilik15

Hi I've just brought a pioneer from Belgium. It has no number plate and the build plate on the near side front chassis rain has gone missing years ago looking at the amount of paint where it should be . The paperwork I have says the chassis number is M05343 and build year is 1943.

Is the number located anywhere else on the vehicle and can any one tel me any thing about that number because it's also painted on the doors like a military number.

any help greatly appreciated .

image.jpg

5343 makes sense as a chassis number. Would fit with contract S3164 for 450 SV/2S Pioneers (starting at 4922). There was an order for TRMU30's at around the same chassis number so not sure how the split works out. Contract date 30/04/1943 but yours was probably not built until some time in 1944. The number painted on the side should be something like H5545479.

The build plate is only there for ones that were kept after the war and rebuild by the REME workshops.

Cheers

Ed