Differences CVRT J60's : Belgian vs. late UK versions

Mr.Dozer

Hello Friends

I found some little differences as i changed the engine on my Spartan and want to share it with you:

DSC_0005.jpg

Both vacuum-pipes on the Belgian one where connected to the carb manifold. UK: Holes are plugged and one pipe is connected to the airfilter i believe.

DSC_0011.jpg

Solution: I just swapped a Fitting from the Belgian one to the plugged manifold of the UK one.

DSC_1022.jpg

Belgian engine had a "hidden" rev-limiter fuse, located left of the thermostat housing, on a bracket. Also there was a earth-strap mounted on the bracket. Just to be on the safe side, i also connected there a earth-strap on the new UK engine and one from the lower block down to the vehicle hull.

DSC_0912.jpg

Also the coolant draining valve on the UK engine is modified. Shown here the early pipe with valve located under the filter bowl.

DSC_0974.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

A little trick to change the engine with the generator in place, is to slightly lift the rear of the engine. So i was able to turn it slightly to the driver's compartment and lift it out easy with the generator in situ.

Maybe this could be helpful for someone.

Kind regards,

Raph

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0909.jpg

DSC_1020.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0972.jpg

DSC_1024.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Have your friend email me directly as soon as possible.

The collection is not open to the public can be made made open for people who ask, like you.

We are on the east side (right side of the map).

Please ask your friend to include dates and where he or she is visiting in case we are not close.

R