Fellows Snatch Block Dimensions

Kiwidave4

Question

Apologies in advance as this is not a vehicle restoration question. I am building a 1/35th Centurion BARV and need to make a snatch block. I have some excellent ref photos but none of them give me a dimensional reference I can scale from.

Could someone help me with the dimensions of the 15 ton snatch block, just the diameter of the pulley would do as I can then scale the rest of it.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Dave

PS. This is a recent progress pic

s6tpQ3x.jpg

7 answers to this question

Hi sorry I cant help just now But do you have a set of plans/drawings as I have wanted to do this in 1/25 with the Tamiya kit

Thanks David N

I dont really have a set of plans. I have the 1/48th drawing that George Bradford did, but it is very innaccurate. I also have an old MilMod that has a Geoffrey Futter 1/76th drawing. It also has some innaccuracies, and because it is 1/76th it is also short on detail. I can send you either if you want but I have not used them in my build, preferring to scale from photos. The fact that all dimensions have to be adjusted to match Tamiyas hull does limit the value of a scale plan anyway.

There was an article on building a 1/25th version in Military Modelcraft in 2007. I have a zip file of the article if you would like it. Does not help much with construction, but it has some nice ref photos.

Are you familiar with the late Steve Cruickshanks builds? There are a couple of galleries on Photobucket <http://s50.photobucket.com/user/BARV/library/BARV-BUILD?sort=3&page=1>.

Regards Dave

I think I have an example of the snatch block that you mean. I will photograph with a rule for scale when I get a mo or a round tuit; whichever comes first.

Thanks, would appreciate that. The block I am interested in looks like this -

8fPLVxK.jpg

Dave,

I have the FVRDE schedule of recovery equipment and it has GA drawings of most of the bits of recovery equipment. I should be able to e-mail a copy of it later this week. Feel free to chase if I forget.

John Attlee

Dave,

I have the FVRDE schedule of recovery equipment and it has GA drawings of most of the bits of recovery equipment. I should be able to e-mail a copy of it later this week. Feel free to chase if I forget.

John Attlee

That would be great thanks John