Unknown generator

Can anybody tell me what this is off?

I bought it as NOS for my Saladin but clearly it isn't a Saladin generator. In case you cant read the label it is a 24v, high speed, part no 1200071. No FV no. There is an NSN on the crate but it is too faint to be readable...

Thanks

Timphoto 5.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Tim I have a lot of VAOS but not MT4. I have lost my search facility that required two CD drives to run simultaneously.

Since the great PC crash & my unfortunate migration to Windows 8.1 & partitioning the drives it says the system is incompatible with W8.1 :(

It is coded also as 16E22791. I have 16E which is the RAF Vocab for Mechanical Transport Electrical Equipment. It is a weighty book of over 600 pages it is dated 1954 & unfortunately does not go up as far as 22791.

It has quite a few 24v dynamos the nearest to G7B24-7X is G5524-2X used in some AECs, Scammells & Thornycrofts.

I have a CAV dynamo booklet unfortunately it only goes up to G7A24 but the 24 bit is as one might guess relates to the voltage output. The suffix I think relates to the enclosure. The ventilated G7A24 is rated at 55A & the enclosed version at 40A.

Sorry I can't pin it down but that looks like the sort of application & being ventilated like that is not an AFV sort feature.

That's interesting Steve, presumably it would be for the 4-cylinder Morris auxiliary engine? On your system does it still show a 16E reference as well? The fact that at one time it did suggests it would also have had a RAF application other just Cent?