Steel Vickers Machine Gun Ammo Box Restoration

I am busy restoring a steel Vickers .303 Machine Gun Ammo box. The box is in reasonable condition but the leather strap and hook that holds the box lid closed is missing. Does anybody have a close up photo of said item that would assist in making a replacement?

Thanks in advance

Phil

• 6 years later...

Would someone kindly send me the dimensions for the No 10 ammunition box, just basic L x H x Depth. I am working on a 1/24th model of a Vickers MkVI B. Are there any dimensional differences between a '303" and .5" boxes.

Thanks in advance.

George.

All I really need are the basic dimensions if some kind soul .could measure them. From the photo, the width of the lid is the same as the width of the body, there is a lip all round. 

The difference from the photo of total height, it relatively easy to gauge the different height of lid to main body.

The length, here again the start of the angled section is easily measured, as are the various details.

Thanks.    

Tried that before coming to this site, managed to download manuals, drawings of ;303 and .5". Just mentions the type of boxes in service, capacities of rounds, everything but measurements. Wiki gives the weights of individual boxes !! No one it seems has the actual overall dimensions. Believe me, I have searched just about every blessed site associated with Vickers MG. The reason why I posted this request as surely somebody has one out there. Loads of photographs of them, even auction sites listing them. 

I had hoped for the same result here. Obviously not to be. Strange as I had, in the past had some excellent responses from members on various subjects of restorations, with them submitting helpful information.

Sadly things seem to have changed.

George.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...